Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 13
Topic: The Beast and Nightcrawler (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 11:08pm | IP Logged | 1  

As for being invisible in shadows, I simply took that to mean since he is naturally dark, Nightcrawler easily blends into the darkness so he is not seen. Didn't realize it was meant to be literal.

For most of Nightcrawler's existence, they've played it as figurative, but at least through JB's era, he could (when the script called for it) literally disappear in shadow.

Which, come to think of it, would have been a lot more plausible without the red circus outfit that he wore when fighting evil. A dark blue or all-black costume would've made more sense for a character who becomes completely invisible in shadow, but that's unstable molecules for you.

Not that I'd have changed Nightcrawler's costume a bit from Dave Cockrum's original design. Even minor tweaks to that costume have looked awful, and I can't think of a single Nightcrawler costume that I've liked remotely as much as Cockrum's original. Ditto for Storm and Colossus.

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Ray Brady
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 9:43am | IP Logged | 2  

The oddest part about NIghtcrawler's invisibility for me was that it was presented as a brand-new power. When it first manifested, and Kurt was surprised to discover it happened, I assumed it was some kind of side-effect produced by the magic inherent in the Leprechaun castle. When I found that it was a permanent new power, I had to wonder: he's been blue and fuzzy since birth, has presumably had the teleportation power for years, but he's just getting another new power NOW?
Back to Top profile | search | www

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged | 3  

I'm a fan of Nightcrawler, but that "invisible in shadow" thing is something I hope Chris Claremont doesn't use in X-MEN FOREVER.

(For some reason I'm fine with the Sub-Mariner's many, rarely used abilities resurfacing though.)

Paulo Pereira
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 10:30am | IP Logged | 4  

A couple of questions: X-MEN FOREVER goes on a tangent from Claremont's final X-MEN issues, right? If so, how and when does Nightcrawler rejoin the team (if he has joined the team)?
Back to Top profile | search

Arc Carlton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 6:27pm | IP Logged | 5  

Arc -- not trying to be snarky, here, but do you ever read ahead to see if a question has already been answered before you post your own response?

That's OK John. I apologize for it .

Now I feel like you are watching over me...

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Todd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2009 at 11:56pm | IP Logged | 6  

I started reading X-Men when it was a reprint book prior to the introduction of the "All-New, All-Different" team so my favorite Beast is the original human looking version natch! 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 13
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version