Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 8 Next >>
Topic: 5 Worst Superheroes...? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 August 2008 at 2:48pm | IP Logged | 1  

"Limbaugh has talent and I enjoy him for entertainment purposes, but name one time he ever espoused anything but the strict Republican party line.  Nobody could be that in lockstep and not be a bit of a shill.  Even Bill O'Reilly (who I can't abide) occasionally questions certain extreme aspects of conservatism."

Proof you don't listen. I've heard numerous gripes with McCain and Bush.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Albert Matthews
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 August 2008 at 3:05pm | IP Logged | 2  

from a comic book I self-published in the late 90s featuring Rush Limbaugh as Captain OxyContin

Really? Interesting, since the story of Limbaugh's oxycontin use didn't break until 2003.

Hopefully you realized I was being sarcastic and were merely throwing my sarcasm back at me. If not, then let me just explain my amazing clarvoyance as being Karnac-like (as in the Mighty Carson Art Players, not the Inhuman).

His show on E was an excercise in disgusting.

I tend to agree, but the problem with the E! show was that they almost always televised the most boring part of his radio show--the sex parts. And there's only so many stripper interviews one can take before it gets old. But when he's merely riffing on the news he's as brilliant as Bill Maher or Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert or The Onion or any other modern-day Mark Twain. 

Back to Top profile | search

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 August 2008 at 3:45pm | IP Logged | 3  

Proof you don't listen. I've heard numerous gripes with McCain and Bush.

I sample him several times a month.  I used to listen regularly.  It's one thing to bust on Bush for something small and personal, or make a suggestion on how  McCain might better handle an issue, but I have never heard anything berating or questioning a Republican party line.  ANY Republican party line.  That's over decades of broadcasting.   If you want to quote chapter and verse, please do. 

Your accusation is ironic, though; I'd say there is a bottomless pit of people who bust on Stern who have never heard word one of him and base their opinion entirely on the reporting of mass media.  It also amazes me how Howard hasn't broadcast over public airwaves in 2.5 years but many still want to crucify him. 

Michael Andrew Gonoude
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 August 2008 at 4:30pm | IP Logged | 4  

How about -- HUNCHBACK, debut Wow comics #2?  I couldn't find any interiors, but here's the cover (he's mentioned at the bottom) to prove I didn't make it up...Wow Comics 2e

Okay, Paul STILL wins with Madame Fatal (only 'cuz he beat me to it), but can I get honorable mention, at least?

Edited by Michael Andrew Gonoude on 01 August 2008 at 4:35pm

Josh Goldberg
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 August 2008 at 9:31pm | IP Logged | 5  

"It also amazes me how Howard hasn't broadcast over public airwaves in 2.5 years but many still want to crucify him."

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2008 at 12:52am | IP Logged | 6  

Howard's terrific - just an easy target for people who would rather focus on a guy making potty jokes, who they probably have never listened to regularly, as opposed to focus on more serious issues.  

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2008 at 2:21am | IP Logged | 7  

I used to listen to Stern on the way to work. Always crude but his style, "this is my world and you're just living in it", caught the essence of the social attitude of the 90's and 00's. It will be interesting to see where his popularity goes from here, given the great social and economic changes ahead of us. 

Edited by Joe Zhang on 02 August 2008 at 2:25am

Steve Horn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2008 at 8:35am | IP Logged | 8  

The worse for Marvel I would say is Power Pack.

Joel Tesch
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:01am | IP Logged | 9  

Really Steve? I loved Power Pack...at least the first 2 years.

I would go with Rage (from Avengers and New Warriors).

Laren Farmer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:06am | IP Logged | 10  

Really Joel?  What's wrong with Rage.  Not a favorite character of mine...but there's nothing about him to me that screams "worst ever"
Back to Top profile | search | www

Joel Tesch
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:23am | IP Logged | 11  

I actually was having a tough time findng one to name. I didn't want to pick one that was only a one or two time character, or one that had faded into obscurity years ago. That character just always annoyed me.

At the top of my list would be the Black Racer, but he's not really a superhero...

Steve Horn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:53am | IP Logged | 12  

I just feel that Power Pack was way below Louise Simonson's talent.  She would be perfect for Wonder Woman or Green Lantern.

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version