Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 6
Topic: JBF Reading Club: Alpha Flight #19 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 3:50am | IP Logged | 1  

Mike, what I would like to do is to read and compare the original version and the French one side by side to check what was " edited ". Maybe I can do that with the first volumes of AF classics recent reprints and the ones I have in my mom's place in France during my next trip!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Didier Yvon Paul Fayolle
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 4:00am | IP Logged | 2  

Again, Mike, you have to understand that the series were rotating according to their successes ! And also, at that time was the time difference between the original publication and the French version. So, if a serie was becoming more popular, of course the cover would be dedicated to it. 4 different series had to fight for the covers !

And I discovered Mister B's work and was immersed into US comics with issue 188. But the one I really like is the one from issue 201 ( Gilded Lily ! )...

***Felicity Walker
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 2:14pm | IP Logged | 3  

I like Aurora’s scarf!

Philippe Negrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 2:41pm | IP Logged | 4  

I used to think they did their own covers because this gave them a discount from Marvel (1 page less to buy) but I don't know for sure but I clearly remember I always checked any signatures to see if they had an original cover or their own version. I stopped buying Strange and other LUG books around 84 so I really don't know what they did afterwards. I never knew they eventually covered DC material too.

I really like this comics vf  French site you provided, John W. They have a US check-list that is very useful to track down artists or see cover sans. I use it all the time.

Great idea Didier. Would be good to compare with the Xmen too, particularly the Brood. I'm sure ROM was heavily de-demoned too.
Back to Top profile | search

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 6
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version