Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 20 Next >>
Topic: Does Hulk Kill? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 2:34pm | IP Logged | 1  

Even the horrible Bruce Jones run acknowledged that the Hulk wasn't a killer. The entire premise that began his run was that a little boy was killed during the Hulk's rampages and this was a big deal. And it all turned out to be a frame-up in the end.
Back to Top profile | search

Daniel Gillotte
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:01pm | IP Logged | 2  

"the horrible Bruce Jones run "

I just got this in collected form, at least the first part... I didn't think it was horrible. I liked the JR Jr. art and the story was decent, though far from incredible.

What didn't you like about it?

Back to Top profile | search | www

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:11pm | IP Logged | 3  

The Hulk is not a killer. End o' story.

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:14pm | IP Logged | 4  

I don't think The Hulk's intent is to kill, but has created many casualties during his rampage.

Flavio Sapha
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:18pm | IP Logged | 5  

NO.

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:20pm | IP Logged | 6  

DOES THE "A" ON THIS VAN STAND FOR "FRANCE"?

Even if the Hulk does kill by accident, do we really need to see it?
Back to Top profile | search | www

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:21pm | IP Logged | 7  

The Hulk kills the crap out of monsters. especilally giant ones. People? Not so much.

But it's okay because ^^***** is really showing us the | |ulk. or is it the *ulk? I forget.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Joseph Hernandez
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:30pm | IP Logged | 8  

To me, the Hulk has the potential to kill.  Like someone mentioned, he's like Godzilla, if you get killed during the rampage, in my opinion also.

One example I can think of off the top of my head, way back during the time when Nightmare was messing with the Hulk's mind somewhere around Incredible Hulk # 296-299 (can't remember which issue), the Hulk shows up at a party, already having reverted back to his savage self, and one of the party goers is all talking how happy they are to have a hero and reformed Hulk there at thier party.

The Hulk flicks the man out of his way with his thumb going: "Stupid man get out of Hulk's way."  A woman yelling says she heard the man's bones breaking from the Hulk's push.

I could have sworn I've seen the Hulk say "Hulk Kill" even back during the 60s and 70s to various enemies.   I'm gonna go back through my back issues later tonight after I get off of work to see which issues I come up with.        

Edited by Eric Joseph Hernandez on 27 February 2007 at 3:33pm

Brad Krawchuk
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:31pm | IP Logged | 9  

I like the notion that Bruce has some control over the Monster - deep down, the Hulk is in Bruce and Bruce is in the Hulk, because they are aspects of the same whole person.

He isn't Typhoid Mary for goodness sake - he doesn't have split personas that do their own thing. He's not even Curt Conners - who only recently started remembering some attacks as the Lizard.

Bruce is in there when Hulk is manifest, and that makes him not a killer, because Hulk follows those rules.

In some of the examples however, people say "well, he's fighting the military (ie General Ross)" or "he's fighting Abomination" but really - THEY are attacking the Hulk! They are the BAD GUYS! If someone gets hit in the cross-fire, they caused it. Hulk is trying to STOP them, and if he weren't fighting them they would go unchecked to do God knows what, and Hulk would just wander the desert wanting to be left alone. The way I see it, if anyone dies, it is DESPITE THE HULK'S BEST EFFORTS to prevent it.

By the logic presented in the comics, in real life we should fire all police officers and disbanned the military - after all, if they weren't fighting the bad guys no one would die so let's just let the villains do what they want.

Greg Kirkpatrick
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:41pm | IP Logged | 10  

HULK SMASH!  HULK NOT KILL!

David Whiteley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:57pm | IP Logged | 11  

deleted - missed point of original post

Edited by David Whiteley on 27 February 2007 at 4:09pm

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:57pm | IP Logged | 12  

I just got this in collected form, at least the first part... I didn't think it was horrible. I liked the JR Jr. art and the story was decent, though far from incredible.

What didn't you like about it?

---

The conspiracy/fugitive angle was interesting at first, but it just dragged on and on, sometimes with the Hulk (as opposed to Banner) barely appearing. Bruce Banner hooking up with Nadia Blonsky, the Abomination's ex-wife seemed out of character. The Absorbing Man was transformed into an entirely different character to accommodate the story. Betty Ross was an entirely different character. I'm sure I can recall more problems I had with the run if I looked over it again.

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version