Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 31 Next >>
Topic: Has the internet ruined comics? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 1:50pm | IP Logged | 1  

Oh, boy, now it's my turn for people to pretend to be me! I guess we're both Internet celebs, Joe!

Greg Kirkman says "Anyone who knows JB, or who has spent any time on his board enjoying his company - and, yes, repecting his rules - can see this as an obvious lie. He would never yell at anyone in front of the public"

Well, I've spent a fair amount of time lurking on his forum (can't join without a school or work email, don't you know), and he frequently curses and otherwise insults members based on their tastes and opinions. Not even as the result of a prolonged and heated argument, but out of the blue. He just called someone "an ass" for suggesting that all parties should forget about an event so long in the past, for instance. Maybe "yelling" and "in front of the public" aren't the technically correct terms to apply to those situations, but I think it establishes him as a bit of a bully prone to outbursts.

Greg Kirkman says "Anyone who knows JB, or who has spent any time on his board enjoying his company - and, yes, repecting his rules - can see this as an obvious lie. He would never yell at anyone in front of the public"

Apparently, John Byrne himself disagrees:

John Byrne wrote on his forum: "I exploded. I threw a fit -- but nothing else. I demanded to know what the %#$@ he was doing sabotaging a story I had been working on for more than a year."

I'd say we'll be getting a troll invasion any time, now...

Edited by Greg Kirkman on 29 August 2006 at 1:53pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matthew McCallum
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 1:50pm | IP Logged | 2  

The most reprehensible part of the PAD story is his "I was just following orders" defense and shifting the blame over to Denny O'Neil. Very sad, really.
Back to Top profile | search

Landry Walker
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 1:53pm | IP Logged | 3  

"Oh, boy, now it's my turn for people to pretend to be me!"

I just responded to the person I assumed to be you. Wish I hadn't wasted my time then...

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 1:58pm | IP Logged | 4  

How empty are these people if they'll stoop to imitating others and spreading falsehoods in order to bolster their agendas and arguments?

I have not posted at the David site, and, given the behavior of the people posting there now, I will not in the future, either. Rest assured, any comments of "mine" you see there are not genuine.

Edited by Greg Kirkman on 29 August 2006 at 1:59pm

Bill Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 2:02pm | IP Logged | 5  

I don't know if I am one of the "trolls" to whom you are referring, but, yeah, I am a frequent poster in Peter's blog. And I actually like him. If in the minds of anyone here that makes me the "enemy," so be it.

Anyway, I also responded to the person pretending to be you. I'll say to them here what I already said to them in Peter's blog: 

Stop. It.

Get. A. Life.

You're not making yourself look cool. You're betraying the fact that you live in Momma's basement and can't get a date to save your life.

Don't like Byrne or the people who post in his forum? Walk away, go focus on something productive. Or go crawl under a rock forever. I don't care which.

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 2:05pm | IP Logged | 6  

That sounds about right, Bill.

With all the trash-talking and Bad Byrne Stories, it's really no wonder this forum requires verified e-mail and such in order for newbies to sign up.

The man dislikes stupidity. That's no reason to act like an @$$hole and come here just to attack him. Get a life!

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 2:06pm | IP Logged | 7  

Now you see why I absolutely never, ever, post anywhere but here.

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 2:07pm | IP Logged | 8  

It's getting that way for most of the rest of us, too!

Jason Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 2:08pm | IP Logged | 9  

Luckily, folks like Bill Myers can still attack JB on PAD's site. You're a class act, Bill.

Landry Walker
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 2:10pm | IP Logged | 10  

"given the behavior of the people posting there now"

Frankly, I'm not seeing any high degree of reason from the posters here either. There are reasonable arguments and petty ones on both sides. It's not the fault of the forumers on that site if one or two individuals are imitating forumers from this one. Considering at least two people over there have lept to the defense of Joe Zhang against the imposter, I think a small bit of courtesy is due. I responded to who I thought was you in good faith. So please, do not lump in the majority due to the petty actions of the minority.

Clint Adams
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 2:10pm | IP Logged | 11  

Back on topic...See, the net is ruining the idea that all you guys work in a bullpen and get along....

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 2:11pm | IP Logged | 12  

I think they're just sad that their behavior won't be tolerated here. They're mad because they can't post. Nevermind that they like to post vicious attacks. They just want to post, that's all.

<< Prev Page of 31 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version