Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 8
Topic: Longest run on comics book? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 1:06pm | IP Logged | 1  

Bendis/Bagley

I think the error come from this article. That's the guy who write the article who say that they're the record holding[...]surpassing the Stan Jack 102 issues on FF as the longest run. Bendis and Bagley aren't the ones who say that.

And anyway it's about the longest run, from a creative TEAM, not about a writer or an artist, and it isn't about the quality of the work either.

here is the link: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=80788  

Back to Top profile | search

Dave Carr
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 1:14pm | IP Logged | 2  

Byrne on Namor.  Not really short, per se, but not quite the length we're talking about here.

I couldn't have given two shits about Namor before that run.  I bought it for the art, but it showed me the capacity for Namor's character.  And so much stuff happened over the course of the run!  Super-Skrull!  Monstro!  The FREAKING INVADERS!!! Iron Fist!  Hell, even Plant Man was cool.

Edited by Dave Carr on 25 August 2006 at 1:16pm
Back to Top profile | search

Lars Skau
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 2:59pm | IP Logged | 3  

"Byrne on Namor.  Not really short, per se, but not quite the length we're talking about here.

I couldn't have given two shits about Namor before that run.  I bought it for the art, but it showed me the capacity for Namor's character.  And so much stuff happened over the course of the run!  Super-Skrull!  Monstro!  The FREAKING INVADERS!!! Iron Fist!  Hell, even Plant Man was cool."

----------------------------------------------------------

Before I found this forum I thought I was the only one who loved JB's Namor. But it seems to be one of his works who gets mentioned the most, right after Next Men!

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Roger A Ott II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 3:28pm | IP Logged | 4  

Dave Carr: I couldn't have given two shits about Namor before that run.  I bought it for the art, but it showed me the capacity for Namor's character.  And so much stuff happened over the course of the run!  Super-Skrull!  Monstro!  The FREAKING INVADERS!!! Iron Fist!  Hell, even Plant Man was cool.

You could just put my name in place of Dave's above.  I agree totally.  I'd read a tiny bit of Namor in Roger Stern's AVENGERS, but nothing that made him stick out as a character I would buy a solo book from.  But, because of the Iron Man appearance a few issues in I tried it and became hooked for the next couple years.

Back to Top profile | search | www

David Kingsley Kingsley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2006 at 3:58pm | IP Logged | 5  

Really sorry to misinterpret you there, Greg and, in terms of innovation and importance, I would agree that Lee and Ditko are vastly superior. To answer your question, though, I find shorter runs, those which don't really have the opportunity to have an offbeat issue or subpar storyline, impact me more in retrospect than longer runs.

Edited by David Kingsley Kingsley on 25 August 2006 at 4:03pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 8
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version