Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 14 Next >>
Topic: Deadlines and Schedules (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 12:30pm | IP Logged | 1  

I think I made it clear in my previous posts that I believe that there are artists who can do monthlies and artists who cannot. Does that make JRJr a better, more legitimate comic professional than his dad? No way in hell.

Adam, the drumbeat is that you're doing a monthly. DC does nothing to clarify or deny that. My criticism is of DC for promising that somehow (perhaps through the miracle of cloning?) you'll be turning out your expected level of work on a monthly basis. I am in no way coming down on you. Say "Hi" to Laura for me.

As for Don Daley. I don't mean to pick on Don either. He did get his stuff out on time. But he was notorious for shifting deadlines back and forth and coming up with crazy specials and annuals and one-shots that were rush jobs from the instant they came out of his fevered brain. He was often maddening to work with but I loved every minute of it.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Jason Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 12:39pm | IP Logged | 2  

Back to Top profile | search

Tom Tryon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 12:41pm | IP Logged | 3  

JB, In a monument to my occasional silliness please post something after me. I want to tell the kids at the comic shop that my name appeared on the same page as John Byrne, Chuck Dixon, and Adam Hughes. Then I'll enjoy watching them feverishly leaf through price guides to see if the can find that comic and sell it to me so they can buy a new car. Cruel? Maybe. Fun? Definitely.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 12:47pm | IP Logged | 4  

I'm gald to read that Adam Hughes has a realistic goal for getting ASWW out on a monthly schedule. The more I read about the lateness of comics the more I believe those in the editorial capacity are making these mistakes. I hope they don't try to rush to solicit this because it is generating a huge buzz on the internet. Like I said earlier the man is a fine talent and I thank him for stopping by and clearing up any misconceptions we might have had.

Eric Freed
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:06pm | IP Logged | 5  

Tom Tryon:  JB, In a monument to my occasional silliness please post something after me. I want to tell the kids at the comic shop that my name appeared on the same page as John Byrne, Chuck Dixon, and Adam Hughes.

---------------------------------

Don't forget the great Howard Mackie!

Ted Pugliese
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:13pm | IP Logged | 6  

Interesting origin.  No "contest" and she possesses invulnerability.  I am assuming since no comma followed godlike that godlike modifies strenght only.  However, since the atributes that follow are separated by commas, all three of them could be godlike.  Either way, godlike invulnerability or invulnerabilty are nice additions to the mythos, as was flight, way back when.  I look forward to ASWW.

Peter Svensson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:17pm | IP Logged | 7  

The contest makes no sense if you're using the Perez origin, where Diana is inherently more powerful than all the other Amazons. What's the point of a contest if she's 10x more powerful than the others?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Ted Pugliese
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged | 8  

I believe she was not more powerful on the island or something like that.  The contest is key point of the origin of the character.  I am not sure that changing it violates the core of the character (another debate), but it is intersting that the contest is not mentioned.  Regardless of your feelings about the contest, this is a big change in Wonder Woman.

Ted Pugliese
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:26pm | IP Logged | 9  

The contest does lose its signifigance as Wonder Woman continues to become more powerful (Superman-level strength, flight, invulnerability).

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:29pm | IP Logged | 10  

It's a two page origin, so I don't think you can determine if it has been
changed or not.

Ted Downum
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:30pm | IP Logged | 11  

Those are a couple of gorgeous freakin' pages.  Thanks, Jason (and thanks, Adam!).

Peter Svensson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:30pm | IP Logged | 12  

It might just be that they didn't mention it. It's a two page origin. There's only so much that can be squeezed into two pages. They didn't mention Steve Trevor, or Ares, or lots of things.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 14 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version