Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 45 Next >>
Topic: John Byrne - Threat or Menace? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:08pm | IP Logged | 1  

"Pride comes before the fall."

It's the people who have no dignity who mistake self-respect for pride.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Juan Jose Colin Arciniega
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:16pm | IP Logged | 2  

The only question i have is: Why Mr. Byrne must locate JoeQ? can it be the other way around?. If i did learn something in geometry, is that the shortest distance between to points is a straight line, and is the same distance between point A to B, as to B to A.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Matt Linton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:31pm | IP Logged | 3  

I'm thinking a moratorium on career advice would be a good idea.  I'm sure if JB feels he needs any he'll

A) ask for it

or

B) ask one of his friends inside or outside of the industry

I'm sure in some cases it's coming from the right place, but it still is very condescending.
Back to Top profile | search

Cory Vandernet
Byrne Robotics Member
Henchman

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:45pm | IP Logged | 4  

I have questions;

Is Mr Morrow extending an olive branch in lieu of JoeQ since he keeps dropping his name? Who is JD Morrow?

Does he seriously expect JB to go to JoeQ, hat in hand, asking for work and let bygones be bygones? I've seen little more than left-handed (nothing against you lefties out there) compliments from JoeQ about JB's stuff.

Unless JoeQ publishes an article titled "How I screwed John Byrne and I sincerely apologize" I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him.

Frank Lauro
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:46pm | IP Logged | 5  

John Byrne is tried of stepping up to the plate. John
Byrne is tired of "doing the right thing" and getting
f**ked up the ass for his troubles. John Byrne is
tired of being lied to. John Byrne is tired of
you.

George likes his chicken spicy!

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 6:26pm | IP Logged | 6  

George: I'll tell you what I'm doing. I want to buy eight hot dogs and eight hot dog buns to go with them. But no one sells eight hot dog buns. They only sell twelve hot dog buns. So I end up paying for four buns I don't need. So I am removing the superfluous buns. Yeah. And you want to know why? Because some big-shot over at the wiener company got together with some big-shot over at the bun company and decided to rip off the American public. Because they think the American public is a bunch of trusting nit-wits who will pay for everything they don't need rather than make a stink. Well they're not ripping of this nitwit anymore because I'm not paying for one more thing I don't need. George Banks is saying NO!

Stock Boy: Who's George Banks?

George
: ME!

James Hanson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 6:39pm | IP Logged | 7  

How about we let John Byrne worry about John Byrne. John Byrne has been a professional comic book artist for decades and is responsible for some of the most successful comics of the last three decades. He has an insight into not only his situation with Marvel, but an insight iinto the industry that few have, even other professionals.

All of these advice givers don't really know sh!t about the inner workings of this industry. Byrne does. Case closed.

John Bodin
Byrne Robotics Member
Purveyor of Rare Items

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 7:16pm | IP Logged | 8  

Given that I have never worked in the comic industry myself, I personally would advise John Byrne to avoid following (or even soliciting) any career advice from me pertaining to the comic industry.

I'm just sayin'.

Tom Tryon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 7:26pm | IP Logged | 9  

Somebody said to JD Morrow:
You strike me as a person who, like myself, would rather people get along and who winds up playing the peacemaker/negotiator, or attempting to.

JD, if that is an accurate description of you, we are brothers of a kind. It absolutely pains me when two people I like, or know, or respect, or any combination of all, dislike each other. I'm the kind of schmuck who believes that if you can't love someone in spite of their faults, love them because of their faults. That attitude has served me well over half a century on this planet. We will have detractors. We will have to suffer fools gladly. We will have to eat some shit. Like JB we will be screwed over and worse: disappointed. However, when I look in the mirror I like the person looking back. It doesn't work for everyone, and that's okay, but it works for me. I hope it works for you and that you know you are not alone. 

JB, you are your own man and I respect that more than you might think reading the above. It takes all kinds to make a world. Though our public personalities and personal philosophies appear as different as Cathy and Patty Lane's, there is always an honoured place for a person of your accomplishment in my world. As to all the advice you seem to be getting let me just say, "Do your own thing". Yes, we all care, but we're not your parents and you seem to have done pretty well so far without our "nannying".

Robert Oren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 7:31pm | IP Logged | 10  

J.B. WROTE:John Byrne is tried of stepping up to the plate. John
Byrne is tired of "doing the right thing" and getting
f**ked up the ass for his troubles. John Byrne is
tired of being lied to. John Byrne is tired of
you

J.B.  you have paid your dues many times at the door. you really have no one to answer to!!

this is all just mundane crap..........the best way to some it up :

some people can walk by the jar of bees others have to shake it !

Chris Hutton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 10:15pm | IP Logged | 11  

Unless JoeQ publishes an article titled "How I screwed John Byrne and I sincerely apologize" I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him.

Well, with your bad knee Ed, you shouldn't throw anybody... Its true.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 10:31pm | IP Logged | 12  

I understand the desire for some to see JB work for Marvel again. I'll be kind, because I'd like to think JD has his heart in the right place. But it is very naive to suggest that a person who was fired and lied to by a company be the one to ask the same company for another job. If Marvel really wants to work with John Byrne again, it should be those in charge of the company to make steps in that direction. Personally, I'm more than happy with whatever JB works on. I'm currently enjoying DC more than Marvel at this point in my life and I'm glad to see my favorites like JB, Perez, Simonson, Gibbons, and Miller working for them.

<< Prev Page of 45 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version