Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 45 Next >>
Topic: John Byrne - Threat or Menace? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 8:01pm | IP Logged | 1  

energy crisis...no more!!!! cars that run on hot dog pies.......J.B. national hero!!!!!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 8:45pm | IP Logged | 2  

Ayn Rand never ate a hot dog pie.  Make of that what you will.
Back to Top profile | search

Glenn Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 8:53pm | IP Logged | 3  

I cannot believe the low level of crap that's allowed to take up bandwith in this thread while my thoughtful post was deleted.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Frank Lauro
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:04pm | IP Logged | 4  

I base my observations on 35 years of life, just like anyone who's lived that long. I don't have to justify the angle. We're not even talking about abortion or racial issues any more. This is a personal thing with you.

No, it isn't.  I'm still interested in the issues, and I couldn't care less about a personal conflict.  You, on the other hand, ignored about 80% of what I wrote, and launched into a "personal thing" all on your own.  (You can call me Frank, by the way.  Calling someone by his/her last name out of anger has a certain 8th grade gym class feel to it, y'know?)

I'm not sure why you think I'm personally attacking you, either.  I found a lot of what you wrote illogical, inaccurate, and problematic, and explained why.  I also asked you to clarify some of your statements, and you didn't do so in all cases.

My theories are based in disappointment, my analogies ones of despair. But I don't see anything in your "responses" to answer my questions.

That was never my intent.  Look, I'm no happier about the current state of the human race than you are, but I found your "oh, well, let's just have lots of abortions, then" tone to be incredibly pessimistic and short-sighted.  That was my main point.

(Side note to Emery: Get your god damned cameras out of my house, pronto.  I'm not telling you again.)

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:17pm | IP Logged | 5  

Yessir. Will do sir. Immediately sir. No need to call the cops. I'm on my way.

BTW Do you want me to get Mike Obrien's cameras out too or will you be allowing him to keep his Naughty Frank-cam in place?

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:24pm | IP Logged | 6  

Ayn Rand never ate a hot dog pie.  Make of that what you will.

Are you saying that Ayn Rand lacked the will and perserverance to endure mental strain of consuming Hot dog pie? That she was too pawk bawk chiken to eat one? That in effect hot dog pie was bigger than her? Is hot dog pie the one fatal glaring weakness in objectivism?

I'll bet that David Hume wasn't afraid to eat hot dog pie. He probably looked at it as one more snese impression tha he could build thoughts from. I bet he just sailed right through the hot dog pie barrier and was immediately enlightened as to all hotdog pie matters. And probably Martin Short ate hot dog pie too. While dancing around and over-singing mouldy broadway tunes. On Letterman.

Frank Lauro
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:30pm | IP Logged | 7  

Emery, I have it on good authority that O'Brien's cameras feed directly into David Lynch's home, for some reason.  Based on that, I'd feel funny asking for them to be removed.  Maybe Lynch can do something interesting with the footage, is all I'm saying.

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 11:11pm | IP Logged | 8  

Can God bake a Hot Dog Pie even he couldn't eat?

Wes Wescovich
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2006 at 1:16am | IP Logged | 9  

Hot Dog Pie:  Whose side are you on?

I'm with Hebrew National.

But seriously, folks....

I think that the entire "Bad Byrne" phenomenon, if you will, is deeply rooted in the fact that many people who read, enjoy, or just accumulate comic books are exceedingly thin-skinned.  It goes with the way our entire country is attempting to label any non-spontaneous action as offensive.  And if you don't fall into a category that already has a "victimizing cause", then you rally behind a fake name and shout out the injustice that is handy. 

I spoke with a lot of people at the con this weekend and the fact that I post here did come up more than once.  I didn't try to conceal it nor shout it to the heavens, it just came up in conversation about comics.  I received a couple of funny looks from a few people who acted like I should be ashamed (or possibly horse-whipped) for associating myself with the JBF.  One even made the remark that I didn't seem like "the usual sycophants that gather there".  My response was simply to ask them to weigh the entertainment value of lurking on the JBF for ammunition against him versus that of actually reading one of JB's comics.  I didn't try to convince anyone of anything, as that is pointless in today's world, but I did notice that once one of the "sycophants" had a face and could hold a conversation at this person's chosen level, any attitude or negativity took the back-burner. 

I also heard an alleged "Bad Byrne" story, too.  And I have one thing to say about it.  Shame on you for eating lunch when you could have been signing comics, JB!

Ian M. Palmer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2006 at 2:50am | IP Logged | 10  

Pie Nazis.

IMP.

Ian M. Palmer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2006 at 3:00am | IP Logged | 11  

I cannot believe the low level of crap that's allowed to take up bandwith in this thread while my thoughtful post was deleted.

It looks to me like a high level of crap.

IMP.

Ian Evans
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2006 at 3:28am | IP Logged | 12  

QUOTE:
I cannot believe

Oh you can't?  Well can't help you with that buddy - your beliefs or otherwise are not the issue here.  So why don't you leave the straw man and ad homiem attacks for some other time and answer my question vis a vis the question in hand, hmmm?

QUOTE:
the low level of crap

So I suppose you would prefer a high level of crap?  And what have you got against crap anyway?  Many might take offense at your blatant and unnecessary attack on crap.  It's a natural product

QUOTE:
 that's allowed to take up bandwith

So you think anything that you don't approve of should be censored?  Have you even read the Declaration of Independence?  There's a little thing in there called the First Amendment that you maybe ought to read, buddy.  Or are you too busy parsing my every word to bother with what is real.  Get a life.

QUOTE:
in this thread while my thoughtful post was deleted.

Oh so you posted a thoughtful post?  Well I can't see it - no, wait!  You say it was deleted!  How convenient! Yeah sure...thanks for playing, anyway.

Edited by Ian Evans on 05 July 2006 at 3:28am

<< Prev Page of 45 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version