Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 45 Next >>
Topic: John Byrne - Threat or Menace? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 8:17am | IP Logged | 1  

" I don't know about a "majority view.""

Maybe "prevalent view" is perhaps a better description.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 8:21am | IP Logged | 2  

About the only "majority view" in this Forum derives from the fact that most people here are fans of my work. But even there, which of my work is best, which is most moving, which is most powerful, etc, etc, elicits about as many responses as there are people to offer them.

Opinions are equally widely spread on all other topics, too, whether it be ^^*****, DC, politics, religion, or hot dog pies.

Back to Top profile | search

Jay Matthews
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:14am | IP Logged | 3  

QUOTE:
or hot dog pies

On that topic, condemnation is nearly universal.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:15am | IP Logged | 4  

As a big fan of franks and beans, I would not be prepared to condemn hot dog pies until I had actually tasted one.

Robert Oren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:37am | IP Logged | 5  

no one and i mean no one makes a better hot dog pie than my wife!!!

really!!!! there are hot dog pies!!!! and she makes it very well!!

Jay Matthews
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:40am | IP Logged | 6  

How ironic that this will be the issue that rips us asunder.

Hot Dog Pie:  Whose side are you on?

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:45am | IP Logged | 7  

Put me on Fear Factor and I would not get past the Hot Dog Pie.  No way in hell.

Robert Oren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:56am | IP Logged | 8  

well then i guess i win the 50,000.00..................ok joe rogan hit the timer!!!

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 9:58am | IP Logged | 9  

Back to lottery tickets for me...

Robert Oren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 10:12am | IP Logged | 10  

i do have to say the first time she put on the table.....i was wondering if our marrage could last on looks alone.............but after a few bites............ummmm......eerrrrrrrrr.....our marrage has lasted....on looks alone!!!!

Didier Yvon Paul Fayolle
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 11:00am | IP Logged | 11  

John Byrne wrote :

[...] I have no interest in sports. Did I ban all such discussions? No, again. Instead, gave the sports fans their own area. [...].

Can we have a cooking area ? because the hot dog pies are appearing all over the forum...

Just kidding...

I have been lurking this thread and up to now didn't wanted to put my 20 cents, by fear that my average english would be misunderstood.

I just would like to say that Mister B. has always appeared fair in his comments maybe a little bit dry to swallow for some. The facts that he is sharing so much of his personal views and works and time on this forum should be enough to show the care he has for his work, the characters he is handling and also his fans.

On another board I visit as a lurker, the artist used to be their all the time, and then people started to question him about some delay and lateness, he totally disappeared ! No more news !

Not only Mister B. is always on time, but he also shares a lot we us.

And after around 30 years of presence in the industry, he is still in the top of the classment... Yeah, I know, some will say that he is not the hottest artist on Wizard list... He is beyond that, he is a legend in the industry.

People, respect that.

As for this thread, I think it should be closed because it is going nowhere and just bring sadness and darkness to a board who is able to display a much brighter and positive sense of community than a lot of other boards.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Chad Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 3:51pm | IP Logged | 12  

Hey Lauro-

"Quick heads-up, here.  What you know about the human race, you're apparently learning from television.  And television is shit.  Television, to quote Jules Winfield, lives and roots in shit.  That's a filthy animal."

I don't watch television. I work in a public library. You know, the place where homeless go to shave and B.M? I base my observations on 35 years of life, just like anyone who's lived that long. I don't have to justify the angle. We're not even talking about abortion or racial issues any more. This is a personal thing with you. I've no problem with that. I've lived in Fredericksburg Va, so the proximity to the South is obvious. What's your point? Are you now launching into the famous "He's Southern so he's racist?" moronics? Or is my Southern accent so sexy to you that you can't seem to let go?

You're obviously lashing out at the idiots who populate your own world view, because your assertions of my character are laughable at best. I speak of Stephen Hawking based purely on a vague understanding of his role in our understanding of scientific phenomenon previously not known. AS FAR AS I KNOW. Again, we're having a discussion here. You must be a physicist, because you're certainly not a psychologist.

"Ebola.  A virus which probably originated in what was once Zaire.  Wasn't there a question about "the racial angle" a while back?  I might have to send it back your way.  It is "highly likely" that one's average aborted fetus would have contributed to the next strain of ebola?  How do you get there from where you sit, Chad?"

Is this your finest example of intellectualism? Your reactionary hate-mongering stems from some problem YOU have. By the way, Africa is massively overpopulated. As far as I know, no one knows why Ebola emerged, but the "law of averages" you smirkingly evoke is in full effect. Sooner of later, the natural order will do what it has to create balance. Overpopulation is imbalance. The Black Plague? World war? There are reasons beyond what you and I know about why these things really occur, or the madness behind them.

Lauro, you want to love me, then love me. Or keep sounding off like you're defending some tenable position you're not equipped for. I'm the last person to suggest my intellectual capabilities are astounding, but your lack of understanding of human nature, and of the realities of a hard world from whatever idealized haven you're reporting from, aren't going to convince me of a damn thing. My theories are based in disappointment, my analogies ones of despair. But I don't see anything in your "responses" to answer my questions.

How has man advanced? Why did it seem mankind was heading toward a future, of fulfilling the need to create equality, to providing an ecologically sound world for your children, to then see it fizzle away as every subsequent generation has failed in its responsibility? You haven't noticed this?

What exactly is your argument, Lauro? You sound like you're having a hard time thinking with all the pressure around your head in your anal cavity.

<< Prev Page of 45 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version