Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 45 Next >>
Topic: John Byrne - Threat or Menace? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 6:29am | IP Logged | 1  

''because it sucks so much with all the yelling and insulting)''

Please show me where I posted such a thing.
Disagree with me all you want, you'll find that my post was above that level. Your response was completely off-base.

Edited by Craig Prenzlau on 04 July 2006 at 6:31am
Back to Top profile | search

JD Morrow
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 6:33am | IP Logged | 2  

Please show me where I posted such a thing.
Disagree with me all you want, you'll find that my post was above that level.

Actually, your post was snarky and condescending. You really didn't come off as somebody who is an authority on conduct, no matter how "above it all" you may think you are.

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 6:33am | IP Logged | 3  

And Craig fakes with an attempt to show that he's being intentionally misquoted by a myrmidon (but without a follow up of what he's really on about to prove that he's been misquoted) and he takes NONE of what was said to heart and answers NONE of my questions. Then he starts talking about what level he imagines his post was on.

How disappointingly typical (and masturbatory).

Why even talk when we can trade legalistic semantic kung fu and never get anywhere at all?

Edited by Emery Calame on 04 July 2006 at 8:00am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Craig Prenzlau
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 6:35am | IP Logged | 4  

Thanks gents, for contributing to the bad image this board has.

Nothing to see here but your own view, each the same as the other, with no room to consider other views or suggestions.

JD Morrow
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 6:36am | IP Logged | 5  

*takes a bow*

Jay Matthews
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 6:39am | IP Logged | 6  

Craig Prenzlau wrote:

Nothing to see here but your own view, each the same as the other, with no room to consider other views or suggestions.

Thanks for at least trying to redeem us, Craig.  We just don't have your clear vision.  But your brief time here has been an inspiration.

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 6:40am | IP Logged | 7  

And Craig apparently has nothing on but reruns and no ability to answer questions. It doesn't even qualify as interactive at this point does it?

Craig. Why are you on the board with the bad image? Do you like to encounter bad stuff? Is this some kind of internet masochism at work? Are you one  of those people who orders the garlic flavored joke gum because you've actually grown to like the awful nauseating taste of it?

And Craig I did try to consider your view but you claimed that I got it wrong somehow. Then when I asked you a question about about your view to see what I got wrong you failed to answer it. Why is that Craig? And why are you not considering MY view?

Edited by Emery Calame on 04 July 2006 at 6:43am

Robert Oren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 6:53am | IP Logged | 8  

it's funny to read all this high and mighty retort......you see in some ways were all racsist at one time or another......how many of you tell polish jokes or black jokes....or make fun of someone because there not as smart as you ......i even

find myself doing it my family and i were walking downtown and and ragged black gentlemen was walking towards us i pulled my kids close to me would i have done the same if it was white man ??? i don't know? the funny thing was he looked at us and greeted us kindly in passing was i ashamed of myself!!

yes i was....and not to long after that we sat down to eat and a middle eastern couple sat down next to us ....first thing in my head??.........i know you can guess what i thought....is it right.....100% no....but it's there in everyone of us

no exceptions ....but if those same people were hurt or need help i would be there with out question....it's such a fine line we all feel it theres good and bad in all of us its how we deal with our inner selves that matters.. typecasting people

seems to be human nature it's why we have had wars in the past and there is not one of you out there that can say in some point in your life you didn't do it.the point i'm trying to make is yes everyone is alittle racist.      

Robert Oren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 7:02am | IP Logged | 9  

i hit the button and did not finish..........to some it up  i do not think Mr. Byrne work is full of hate or racism...... it's just the same people who are racist that would look for racism.

Edited by Robert Oren on 04 July 2006 at 7:03am

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 7:08am | IP Logged | 10  

Craig, every message board has it's own set of majority views. If ours upsets you, then try another board. 

Jay Matthews
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 7:10am | IP Logged | 11  

I don't know about a "majority view."

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 04 July 2006 at 7:33am | IP Logged | 12  

You might want to take a somewhat more open-eyed look at the board. Not only are different opinions on almost every topic well represented, they are even encouraged. Only those who cannot accept the idea that their presentation of a different opinion is not automatically going to swing the whole Forum to that side would think otherwise. Only those who come solely to be contrarian are actively discouraged.

Let's consider a few facts, shall we? I don't like seeing my black and white work colored. Some board members did not take the hint. Were they banned? Were they booted? No. Instead, I created a whole area where they can display their works to their heart's content. Ditto sports. I have no interest in sports. Did I ban all such discussions? No, again. Instead, gave the sports fans their own area. Because some STAR WARS and STAR TREK fans would not, could not understand that even the slightest passing mention of either of those subjects was not an invitation to hijack a thread for discussion, did I ban those members? Did I order the deletion of such posts? No, once more. Created separate areas for free discussion of those topics.

So, pull your head out of whichever bodily orifice you have it stuffed into, and take a look around. You might actually learn something.

<< Prev Page of 45 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version