Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 32 Next >>
Topic: Miracleman/Marvel Man (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member
Official JB Historian

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 5:15am | IP Logged | 1  

er, that would be "utter shite".
Back to Top profile | search

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 5:44am | IP Logged | 2  

I`m no Thatcherite,but in 10 years of Blair rule we have gone even further down the crapper,the working man is taxed to the hilt to fund indolent scrotes who will never work,the honest persons rights are put behind those of people who attack or rob them,the `English` have become a non-race-eg on the recent census you could be Welsh,Scottish or British,but not English(although you were ok to put Jedi as religion).we are going to have to work til we drop as the pension pots are going to be worthless.If you drive a car you are made to suffer with sky high fuel costs,a road sytstem designed to cause delays and inconvenience(to try and force us to use public transport which is dirty,unreliable and expensive)and speed cameras everywhere to fleece you yet again,but curiously very few signs telling you the exact speed limit in the vicinity of the camera.when criminals are caught they are given feeble punishment if any. Rule Brittania! ;-)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 6:35am | IP Logged | 3  

Gene K: In WildC.A.T.S., Moore revealed that the war between the two alien races stuck on earth had actually been over for hundreds of years, which completely tossed out the whole premise of the series.

Although I like some of Moore's work quite a bit, there's no getting around that he takes liberties wherever and whenever he pleases.

True story: I was assistant editor (late in the game) on Spawn/WildCATS. Spoiler warning, for those that haven't read a 10-year old story that's hard to find these days... in the conclusion of the mini, Future Spawn (who defeated Malebolgia and thereby got the magic to take over the world) was undone when he killed Future Zealot, who turned out to be his daughter Cyan.

Anyone spot the glitch?

Apparently I was the first (and only), after it had been circulating in our offices awhile. Everyone just assumed Alan had done his homework. I called him for a rewrite and then asked Tom Orzechowski to reletter the relevant balloons-- a fix that took all of half an hour but spared us some grief from alert fans.

Not a major problem, as these things go, but still.

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 7:24am | IP Logged | 4  

I agree with you 100%, Bill Collins.

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 9:40am | IP Logged | 5  

Thanks Greg! I could go on, but it would be a major thread drift! ;-)

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 9:52am | IP Logged | 6  

"Superhero comics are utter shit and anyone who reads them is brain dead," and there would be people lining up to put a positive spin on it."

That certainly happens all the time for Warren Ellis.

Rick Whiting
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:26am | IP Logged | 7  

Personally, I think Moore is very over rated and that many fans,creators,and critics give him a pass (and often praise him) for doing crappy work simply becuse he is Alan Moore. I still say that Barbra (sp) Gordon would still be walking and being Batgirl if she was not crippled in the KILLING JOKE. I believe (and I could be wrong) that there are a number of editors and creators out there who are afraid to retcon/reverse anything that Moore has done to a DC or Marvel character in the past. The worship and butt kissing of Moore has gotten so bad and rediculous that a few years ago Marvel editor Axel Alonso called Moore up to ask him for his permission to use Captain Britain and the charactrs Moore co-created durring his run on that series with Alan Davis, for a proposed Captain Britain comic. Excuse me, Moore did not create Captain Britain, and the last time I checked he does'nt own any of the characters he co-created for Marvel. I have to wonder if Alonso would have taken the time to call creators living here in America to ask them for their permission to use characters that they created.

Kevin Pierce
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 11:29am | IP Logged | 8  

Alan Moore is just one of those individuals that need to stay away from Hero comics

Matt Linton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 11:33am | IP Logged | 9  

Generally speaking, he does.  The last traditional superhero comics he did were 10 years ago or more.

Kevin Pierce
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 11:56am | IP Logged | 10  

I think this is because he gets hacked off at whoever he works for. Last I heard he will never work with Marvel or DC again.

Ian M. Palmer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 1:08pm | IP Logged | 11  

Something happened to England after I left. The people who had fought thru the Blitz, survied Dunkirk, produced Shakespeare, carved an empire upon which the sun never set --- morphed into a nation of nihilistic whiners. "Fascist England", a term that could be coined only by someone who had never personally experienced Fascism.

What the %#^# happened?

You lost your access to first-hand information?

Jesus, Americans worry about how they're perceived by the rest of the world. Still, mustn't whine.

IMP.

Ian M. Palmer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 1:12pm | IP Logged | 12  

Oh, you do not want to return there. You'll suffer a serious heartbreak. I used to check out the news in English TV channels, pretty much everyday, one day the whole thing became so bizarre, nauseating, just out right outrageous, i couldn't even stand to witness it.

The expatriates are augmenting, i believe, we have a good fair deal of them in the Algarve area here.

England, has now been thoroughly destroyed. Culturaly. Demographically. Even the Union Jack is considered "Racist" these days. The London mayor is straight up Marxist Communist. The major last sculpture put in there was a giant pebble. I really can not fathom more insane a diametrically opposed political switch than the one from the Tatcher years, and the current Tony Blair years.

I do wonder how an amazing woman like Tatcher survives witnessing her country being turn to shreds, piece by piece, by anarchic nihilists every single day... sweet lord.

What a load of bollocks. For God's sake, what are you people looking at? Do you want your counties assessed on the strength of their broadcast news output (remembering that, for the US, that's Fox News)? Either do a bit of research or carry on looking stupid. The choice is, it should be obvious, yours.

I thought the issue of Planetary in question was crass and silly in its representation of Britain. It wasn't as crass and silly as the above, though.

IMP.

<< Prev Page of 32 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version