Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 219 Next >>
Topic: "Superman Returns" Thread (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:13am | IP Logged | 1  

Another pic of Routh with Jackman:

Edited by Zaki Hasan on 18 March 2006 at 1:29am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Lars Johansson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 6:23am | IP Logged | 2  

Isn't that second picture exactly how it appeared in the movie taken before Jonathan Kent died? Strange happenng that there was a photographer there during that scene taking a picture just from our angle just before he died. In the next sequence, wide shot, there was no photographer. He must have taken a hide behind the barn. Perhaps the same photographer could have given him CPR. I don't think it's so good an idea incorporating cinematic shots like that. I have seen this cheat many times and I am not getting happier.

Edited to add, looking at the same picture I recognized something, I don't know if it's my childhood wallpaper behind the photo, perhaps it is. This is a picture of my stereo and record collection I took at age 11. I always hated that wallpaper, it was like prison bars.

Edited by Lars Johansson on 18 March 2006 at 6:34am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:02pm | IP Logged | 3  

It's interesting to me to note the use of Earth-tone colors on Clark, Lois, Perry, Jimmy, etc., in the film stills. I wonder if this was done to make Superman stand out more, even despite the muted colors of his outfit.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Lars Johansson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:16pm | IP Logged | 4  

I can't reaaly see super imposed Brandon Routh, but the picture is very dark. It could be the guy playing 15-year old Clark, whom it looks more like to me.

Tom Rooter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 2:18pm | IP Logged | 5  

^no it's routh. oh and guess what? THERE'S BEEN LEAKED FOOTAGE AND ROUTH LOOKS AWESOME!

here's WMV format: http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35CZT5QJCL8PU2VCFVFJ67KF2 Z

And screen shots: http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showpost.php?p=543693&po stcount=49

http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showpost.php?p=543696&po stcount=51
Back to Top profile | search

Tom Rooter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:11pm | IP Logged | 6  

here's a 15m version with somewhat better quality: http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SP6WF0ZOK15M2GX01YP2W6QY 4">

here's some screenshots I took:

Edited by Tom Rooter on 18 March 2006 at 4:30pm

Glenn Greenberg
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:35pm | IP Logged | 7  

Anyone notice how during the Richard Donner segment, he's credited as director of "Superman" AND "Superman II"?

Heh heh. Take THAT, Richard Lester!

Chris Hutton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:36pm | IP Logged | 8  

Routh looks "awesome?!?!?"
His AREA doesn't even look "awesome."

Glenn Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:59pm | IP Logged | 9  

I attended Wizard World LA yesterday and observed the Superman Returns promotional material in the DC booth.

Not a lot of buzz from the fans.  There was a video monitor that looped one of the teaser trailers, a display stand which contained several merchandise items: toys/action figs, board games, a remote-control flyer, etc...plus posters, oversized displays, and other stuff.  From my POV, there just didn't seem to be a lot of interest.  Not what one would expect from an upcoming blockbuster meant to reignite an iconic character and re-establish a franchise.

I think the greatest mistake that Singer and WB made with this is they tied it to the continuity and characterizations established in the Donner-verse, instead of mimicking Batman Begins by casting aside the old and beginning anew.  The reverence and love that Bryan obviously has for Richard Donner's films is evident.  Problem is, today's audience isn't as connected to that vision as he is, so his tribute is going to soar above most people's heads.  But opinions differ and we all shall see how it performs on the screen soon enough.

Tom Rooter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:21pm | IP Logged | 10  

Routh looks "awesome?!?!?"
His AREA doesn't even look "awesome."

okay :/

---------

Not a lot of buzz from the fans. There was a video monitor that looped one of the teaser trailers, a display stand which contained several merchandise items: toys/action figs, board games, a remote-control flyer, etc...plus posters, oversized displays, and other stuff. From my POV, there just didn't seem to be a lot of interest. Not what one would expect from an upcoming blockbuster meant to reignite an iconic character and re-establish a franchise.

WB and singer know what there doing with promotion, right now, it's a bit early for full on promoting. If you were at comic-con, you would have seen the hype.

Edited by Tom Rooter on 18 March 2006 at 8:22pm

George Edwards
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:56pm | IP Logged | 11  

After the movie opens in theatres, the verdict will be in when comic book fan & general audience reaction, box office sales, enduring likeability, and how convincing Routh portays Superman all factor in.

Zaki Hasan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 9:25pm | IP Logged | 12  

The suit sure looks a lot better in motion than it does in stills.

<< Prev Page of 219 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version