Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic << Prev Page of 53 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN 22 --Comments Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:26am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Given your 'you always hurt the ones you love' credo, you must really love Wolverine... ;)

••

Roger Stern commented, years ago, about another writer, that his stories were always a little bit dull because he loved the characters so much he could never bring himself to do anything nasty to them.

Obviously, this is not a problem I share! (My stories are dull for entirely different reasons!)

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:30am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Curiously, during my Annihilus story, in FF, where I put Alicia thru the mill pretty hard, someone wrote in to complain. "If you hate the character that much, why don't you just stop using her?

Point missed! If I "hate" a character, THAT's when I don't use them!

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:48am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Mr. Byrne: "My stories are dull for entirely different reasons!"

I guess we haven't seen those yet. I will still read those... but maybe we can lay off of those until AFTER you run out of Elsewhen stories, eh? :)

Jeff Robertson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:05am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Hey! Out of curiosity, will any of these penciled pages ever be for sale? I am just loving every single page, some of my favorite work of yours! 

Also, here's a looooooong shot. But when this is done/you get bored with X-men, any chance we could see more in the world of your Generations series? That's always been one of my favorite versions of the DCU. 

Love you and your work! 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:13am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I’ve kicked around the notion of doing more GENERATIONS here, something more in the format of 1 & 2, as opposed to what DC asked me to do for 3. I’ve also thought about doing the Invaders/JSA story that gave birth to GENERATIONS when DC and Marvel decided they didn’t want to play nice any more.

I’m concerned, tho, with how far I can push my luck! I’ve been amazed at Disney’s generosity. Could I expect as much from Warner Bros?

Jason Ladwig
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:18am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

@ Jeff Robertson:Check out Jim Warden's ( Mr. Byrne's art dealer)website:www.whatashock.com/doasales/If you don't see something, contact Jim, he will be able to tell you what pages are available.

edited to correct spelling

Edited by Jason Ladwig on 10 May 2021 at 11:19am

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:21am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

As much as I hate to say it, it has been pretty kind of the Mouse People not to shut down this little party. Here's hoping it continues.

That said, their generosity pales in comparison with yours, Mr. Byrne. The literally hundreds of days of work!

Thank you.

Edited by Steven Queen on 10 May 2021 at 11:22am

Jean Sterling Ajouissance
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:28am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

The height of ridiculousness?  When Wolverine healed from being an adamantium skeleton.

As in:  all of his flesh, bone, internal organs, everything --  gone.  Just a living, walking, sentient adamantium skeleton.   He completely regenerated his entire body from something like a single cell left behind on his skeleton... or something to that effect.

That was one of only 2 times in my life where I have actually ripped a comic book in half.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:43am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

“Good god, man!” I don’t know why, but that hit me just right. That’s just
awesome.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:47am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

As in: all of his flesh, bone, internal organs, everything -- gone. Just a living, walking, sentient adamantium skeleton.   He completely regenerated his entire body from something like a single cell left behind on his skeleton... or something to that effect.

•••

Wasn’t magic involved there?

John Northey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I agree with the thankfulness that Disney hasn't complained about this, and that lord knows how WB would react.  I know I'd second the Invaders/JSA crossover - heck that would be enough to make me go buy individual issues and a hardcover if DC/Marvel would print it.  I loved Generations, even the weird 3rd one (good to know it was editors choice leading to the change in format) and am now working through the massive hardcover that came out with all 3.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Jean Sterling Ajouissance
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2021 at 12:20pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I can't recall exactly what conditions were present when Logan healed from being a skeleton.  I believe it was some time off in the future, and he was with a woman who was special in some way.  I only read it once, and I just remember being pretty disappointed/perturbed by the whole thing.

I've always held the belief that in order to write for the X-Men, the writer should be required to know the X-Men.   

Crossover events -- (Secret Wars, AvX, etc) --   sometimes it feels as if the writers only have a cursory knowledge of the characters.

<< Prev Page of 53 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version