Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 12 Next >>
Topic: Fan made Fantastic Four Audio-Video book Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 March 2021 at 11:33am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Thank you, James! We must have been typing at the same time. As you can see, part of your wish will be coming true. I'll keep those others in mind - although I have my eye on Alpha Flight...
Back to Top profile | search

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 10:42am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I just watched the awesome finale to the Negative Zone saga with my son and, Harry, that was AMAZING!!

I think your work integrating FF 256 and Avengers 233 is brilliant. The music, voice and effects work was completely involving from start to finish. Not a single bump to take me even momentarily out of the story.

I never realized before how well these two issues worked together, nor had I realized how drawn out and suspenseful the reveal of Franklin's fate was. You (and John Byrne et al) had me on the edge of my seat.

I just can't thank you enough, Harry, for something this Power-Records veteran could only have dreamed of without you. To complete the nostalgic kick, I'd love to get these pressed on vinyl!

Harry Bauer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 11:02am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Thank you so much, Mark! I really appreciate the kind words. It's pretty wonderful source material to work from. More videos will be coming. I waited a while to start releasing them and had the first bunch lined up. Now, I'm making them in real time. So, it'll take a while for each to be completed. I'm gathering together audio files for FF 257 and I've got some great vocal performances for it. My time as Annihilus is done, so I'll be backing off the vocal chores for now.

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 11:26am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I LOVED your Annihilus!

The echo and distortion were just enough-- just perfect for that mask and face. If he hadn't been so good, the finale would have fallen flat, but I really bought into his doomsday plans.

Even Captain Marvel and Firefox came off as exciting here. The source material is wonderful, something I came to appreciate more through your work.

I'm thrilled that more is coming!

Harry Bauer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2021 at 11:32am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

DOUBLE thank you, Mark! Makes my day hearing that. I love playing the baddies. I really wanted to do Doctor Doom for 258, but I was worried about getting him wrong. I got an actor buddy of mine who played a main role on the Fargo series, among other things, and he's going to be great as Doom. 

Harry Bauer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2021 at 7:44am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

We've had a bit of a break, but a new Fantastic Four Audio Comics is finally here! Check out our adaptation of FF #257.

PS - We are creating some short new comic adaptation content that is not JB-related. Appropriately so, I will not be posting about it here. So, if you want to keep up on our latest, I recommend subscribing to the YT channel.

Edited by Harry Bauer on 06 July 2021 at 7:44am

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2021 at 11:06am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Harry,

Once again you and your crew knock it out of the park!

Thank you!!

Harry Bauer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2021 at 11:23am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Thank you, James! Much appreciated!

Valmor J. Pedretti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2021 at 10:21am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Harry, this is pretty cool! As a sound maniac I'm very attracted to projects like this.

Me and some friends adapted a portion of V for Vendetta in audio a few years ago, but in portuguese. There was this idea of trying to sell it to Panini (who publishes Marvel and DC here in Brazil). Unfortunately it didn't move on but it was a lot of fun!

I have my own JB homage project which I have posted on this forum years ago but I guess I could take this chance to show you and give it a bump. I wrote music to go with Alpha Flight's number 1 to 13 (including the bonus stories). An imaginary soundtrack done with synthesizers. I call this project Retcon Tapes.

I have done two others since this one, for Daredevil's Born again and recently one for Kirby's original Eternals run. I have a lot of fun doing those.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Harry Bauer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2021 at 1:26pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Valmor - first, thanks! Second, that is so cool! I will be checking out Retcon Tapes for sure!

Harry Bauer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 July 2021 at 6:19pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Valmor - VERY cool! That is some fun stuff! Very Stranger Things ode to 80s synth soundtracks. Love it.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 July 2021 at 6:38am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Nice work, Valmor! Thanks for sharing!
Back to Top profile | search | www

<< Prev Page of 12 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version