Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Music
Byrne Robotics > Music
Topic: John Waite Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 1:20pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

In the mid 90's I was in Tower Records in London where I picked up a CD by John Waite (called Temple Bar). I'd heard a few Babys tracks when I was younger and was obviously aware of 'Missing You', but I wasn't sure exactly what to expect.

To cut a long story short, I loved the CD so much that I wrote to the record company. John Waite himself wrote back to me saying how much he appreciated my comments. Not only that, after I replied he then sent another letter and a copy of his new CD 'When You Were Mine' - which was also fantastic.

Why do I mention it now? I was sorting through stuff in my loft and found the letters, simple as that. 

I'm a cynical old sod these days so it makes a change for me to post something positive just for the hell of it (even if it refers to something that happened a while ago). Anyway, Mr Waite is still producing music and performing (restrictions permitting!), which is good to hear.

'Nuff said!

Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 6:32pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Cool story! I like John Waite's work, and also Jonathan Cain's who was also in The Babys and then went on to Journey.

I've had pleasant unexpected contact a few times with music people along those lines, but maybe my favorite thing was being able to supply a vintage 45 MGM label single to the songwriter of the b-side!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Craig Earl
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 October 2020 at 1:03pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I've had pleasant unexpected contact a few times with music people along those lines, but maybe my favorite thing was being able to supply a vintage 45 MGM label single to the songwriter of the b-side!
----
That's not too shabby either, Rebecca!

I have, over time, bumped into a few celebrities in the flesh and had dealings with others. Some have been charming, some less so. It's always good to hear positive stories though!

Although barely an exchange, one of the highlights was very nervously wishing Harrison Ford a good afternoon In Central Park where he was taking a walk with his son Malcolm.
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version