Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 3
Topic: NFL Week 5 starts THURSDAY, October 8th! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 October 2020 at 10:29am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The postponement to week six only reinforces the house of cards upon which the NFL's scheduling is built. The Broncs were supposed to play Miami that week but now that game, too, must be rescheduled. As noted, the bye weeks are rapidly vanishing and other teams which have no relation to the events (like the Dolphins) are seemingly being punished for no reason. Why should Miami have to presumably give up their nice pre-Thanksgiving bye week "insurance" to reschedule an already-calendared earlier game just to accommodate the Patriots, an AFC rival? I hope this was something Miami agreed to do.

Edited by Rick Senger on 11 October 2020 at 11:37am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 October 2020 at 2:08pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Looks like we're about to be Charlie Brown'd on the Raiders/Chiefs game.  We shall see....
Back to Top profile | search

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 October 2020 at 6:40pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I have a Raiders fan friend on FB, and one of his friends just posted on his page that "...the Las Vegas Raiders are undefeated against the Chiefs."

Edited by Kevin Hagerman on 13 October 2020 at 10:20am

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 11 October 2020 at 10:50pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Sunday,10/11

• Cardinals at Jets - Right
  • Panthers at Falcons - Right.  Dan Quinn second coach fired this season and he won't be the last. 
  • Rams at Football Team - Right.  Really nice to see Alex Smith back playing given he nearly lost his leg two years ago. 
  • Eagles at Steelers - Right...but closer than I'm sure Hagerman was comfortable with it being. 
  • Bengals at Ravens - Right. As great as Burrow is, the rest of the team has a very long way to go.  First year of a 2-3 year rebuilding project.
  • Jaguars at Texans - Right.  Glad I didn't take a flier on the Jags!
  • Raiders at Chiefs - Wrong.  Stunner #1.  The Chiefs looked lost at home against the Raiders D and Carr took advantage. 
  • Dolphins at 49ers - Wrong. Stunner #2.  The Niners are in trouble.  This was considered a soft game against a weaker opponent at home. They instead looked absolutely dreadful from the jump.  Their next five games? v Rams, @ Patriots, @ Seahawks, v Packers, @ Saints.  I do not foresee a consecutive trip to the SB.
  • Giants at Cowboys - Right.  But a heartbreaking win.  Dak, in a contract year because of all the shenanigans over the summer, is out for the season due to a gruesome injury.  I've never been a Cowboys fan, but any fan of football feels for this guy who by all accounts is a great teammate and fantastic guy.  
  • Colts at Browns - Right.  HAGERMAN WRONG!  It played out as I mentioned in my disagree.  When push came to shove, Rivers was the reason they lost.  I really have no faith in the guy, as much as I love him.   
  • Vikings at Seahawks - Right...sadly.  I wanted to be proved wrong.  The Vikes played their best game of the season but once again, as with the Titans, came up one point short.  People will blame Zimmer for going for it on 4th and inches, but I won't.  A 1-3 team, on the road, against the unbeaten Seahawks?  You go for the win.  You don't settle for three points and then play D which, by the way, still isn't very good.  They put their heart on the line, didn't make it and Russell did what Russell does.  Oh well.  Lost season, but this was the best game they've played all year.  I'm fine with it.  
9-3 on the week and 1-0 v Hagerman with no more disagrees left.  Two more games left IF the Bills/Titans game is even played considering Tennessee returned another positive today, this time another member of their coaching staff.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 October 2020 at 12:05am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

8-4, 1-1 vs. Phil.

I wondered if Dak should have taken the five year offer considering the risk he was taking. But I never thought he might suffer an injury like this. Bottom line, Cowboys get rewarded for jerking around / needlessly alienating a young star who was previously grossly underpaid and was nothing but good to them and Jerry Jones winds up saving about $145 mill. Fortunately, Jones still loses the war because despite being in first place in the crummy NFC east, the Cowboys suck donkey ____ and will NEVER be a real threat as long as Jones is the de facto GM. Even if they stumble into the playoffs they lose early and huge.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 October 2020 at 12:37am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I'll say this: Before the season, I was on the `Dak is insane for asking for that much money, when he hasn't done sh*t!' train.

Because of what he's accomplished even with the defense being the worst in the league, I now believe he's proven that he deserves that money.

But more importantly, they really should fire the defensive coordinator, and a good chunk of the defensive line and secondary.

Rick, I've been long resigned to the fact that Dallas is screwed as long as Jones is in charge. He's never going to admit that he's the problem and hire someone else to run things.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 12 October 2020 at 1:50am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

What rational person hasn't thought the same thing about "Jerrah" for the last two+ decades?  Pretty much everyone I know who is even just a casual fan of the NFL let alone die-hards like myself.  It's not a secret nor an unspoken truth.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:01am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Oh...and Mike McCarthy is shit.  Take it from someone whose favorite team is in the NFC North and saw him coach for years.  McCarthy is not a good HC.  He gets hired by Dallas and his first act as coach is to hire Nolan as DC despite a poor-to-awful track record in the position.  Dallas is not in good hands across the board.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 October 2020 at 11:50am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Matt, I wasn't trying to be deep with the Jones comment, just trying to comfort myself that at least one really incompetent man at the top with delusions of Godhood would not be rewarded for his ridiculous treatment of others in a the realm of business and morality. (Still holding out hope that another may get his comeuppance in the comings weeks, we'll see.)

What sticks in my craw is that the $175 mill 5 year deal really was a reasonable offer finally but it came so late and after Jones had purposefully treated Dak like dog sh*t for so long for no reason. No reward for Dak's loyalty and years of service at ten cents on the dollar. No respect or acknowledgement. Just a grudging last second admission that, "okay, you're worth more than twice what I offered you for many, many months" and more like he wanted to show Cowboy fans he was a "good guy" and "reasonable" than really wanting to sign Dak. I really wanted Dak to put the knife in Jerry's back and defect to some in-conference rival and just clobber Dallas for years to come. Still possible, but much less likely now and if it happens, a very delayed gratification at best.

Paul Kimball
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 October 2020 at 12:36pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

What bothers me is, the Cowboys kept saying that Dak should be a team
player, take a home town deal, remember there's a salary cap and be
reasonable.

When Jerry was making his money in the oil business, do you believe he ever
gave anyone a home town discount, took less money so that there would be
more left over for other people. I would bet not
True hypocrite.

Edited by Paul Kimball on 12 October 2020 at 12:56pm

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 October 2020 at 10:19am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

So we have one I CALLED IT! and one Charlie Brown.  No awards up for grabs tonight.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 14 October 2020 at 10:21pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

With the Saints win and the Bills loss, I go 10-4 on the week and 1-0 v Hagerman.  For the season I'm 51-25-1 and 8-5 v my frenemy.  

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version