Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 3 Next >>
Topic: Zack Snyder’s Justice League Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2020 at 1:36pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

That's right, Vishwas. And you can tell in his answer that he was irritated.
Back to Top profile | search

Jonathan A. Dowdell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2020 at 2:56pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I have been amazed (not in a good way) by many of the decisions Warner Bros. and the various movie directors have made when creating the DC cinematic universe. On the whole I haven't really liked any of those movies (I liked Joker but that doesn't really count). All of the Snyder DC movies are filled with story elements that make very little sense. 

That having been said, I look forward to the "Snyder Cut" partly as a curiosity. I plan to watch all 4 hours not matter the reviews. I hope it is an improvement but looking at Snyder's past work I don't expect it to be. 

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2020 at 8:18pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Regarding the four hour running time, that's due to the original plan of having Justice League be a two part movie so he's throwing it all into one film rather than splitting it up. 

What I don't get is all the demand for this film on the internet given how much hate his DC films have gotten. People complained about his handling of Man of Steel, they REALLY complained about his handling of Batman v Superman and they complained endlessly about Snyder getting the Justice League assignment. Then a couple of years go by and all of a sudden there is this large enough demand for his version of the film that WB actually green lit letting him finish his version of it. Weird.

Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2020 at 11:41pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

There's a vocal fanbase who kid themselves that behind the mess that was JUSTICE LEAGUE, hides a good movie waiting to be discovered. Hence the call for the Snyder Cut. 

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2020 at 2:21am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Then a couple of years go by and all of a sudden there is this large enough demand for his version of the film that WB actually green lit letting him finish his version of it. Weird.

Snyder is a terrible director that hasn't made a good movie in his career except maybe the first 10 minutes of DAWN OF THE DEAD (then he botched it).

He demolished the possibility of a coherent DCU on film while Marvel Studios made their universe the most profitable entertainment franchise of our times.

But... he is appealing to a certain immature niche of the fanbase who think his idiotic "vision" is dark and kewl. The most depressing thing about that tweet is seeing them cheer him on in the comments.

And here we are. Trump is President, more and more folks think the earth is flat and that Bill Gates and George Soros created the pandemic to implant microchips in vaccines so it's no wonder there's people thinking that a 4 hour Justice League film by this moron is going to be somehow better than all of his horrendous previous films combined.

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2020 at 2:30am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Also worth noting that when Snyder endured an unspeakably horrific family tragedy that made it impossible for him to complete his film, Joss Whedon (the director that actually made the most successful superhero film franchise on earth) stepped up to the plate, took the job and delivered the film.

Snyder's reaction? Calling it a saturday morning cartoon and bitch about his botched vision to anyone who would listen until he got the critical mass necessary for WB to let him do his version again. 

All you need to know about the guy, really. 

(And no, this isn't a defense of Whedon or the Justice League film that exists which is also terrible, just an observation of certain people's nature)

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2020 at 6:51am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Given Snyder's clear resentment of Whedon, I suspect the family tragedy wasn't the determinate issue it was presented as at the time.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 25 August 2020 at 6:58am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I look forward to Snyder stripping away the childishness and showing us what REALLY goes on in the Hundred Acre Wood.

Jason Scott
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2020 at 3:38pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

"Regarding the four hour running time, that's due to the original plan of having Justice League be a two part movie so he's throwing it all into one film rather than splitting it up."
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

You're half right Christopher. That was the original plan. But all this material is still only stuff that was for the first part of his story. i.e. The climax of the film will still be the fight with Steppenwolf. The much publicised Darkseid appearance he keeps going on about is merely a flashback sequence for a narration of the history behind the bad guys.

Which of course begs the question of what's taking up all the running time? It looks like it's a lot of background origin stuff for Cyborg and the Flash. Plus, no doubt, an unholy amount of slow motion sequences!

Paul Kimball
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2020 at 5:19pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Since we're discussing Zach Snyder.....

I see he directed a Morrisey video

So that's cool.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2020 at 11:28pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I see he directed a Morrisey video
So that's cool.
--

What's cool about directing a video for that fascist sympathiser? 

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 26 August 2020 at 6:18am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

What I don't get is all the demand for this film on the internet given how much hate his DC films have gotten.

••

Seriously? "Internet" is the key word. Say "You can't have it" on the internet, and instantly create legions of Crusaders.

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version