Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Dancing With The "Stars" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 September 2020 at 4:56pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Marc, you're actually not the first person I've heard say that. And I completely agree.

(Iirc, they don't eliminate anyone on Disney week, but hopefully she's the next elmination. Since Tyra can't be, sadly.)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2020 at 6:02pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

They did this time...

Can't say Tyra impresses me at all (to be fair it took me awhile to warm up to Erin, too), but the rushing in the first couple of episodes seems to me to be more due to the number of people to get to than Tyra being overly gabby. The Disney ep seemed to be a little more "comfortable".

The one thing that really needs to go is that silly judge/Tyra transition music. If they'd skipped that last week I think it wouldn't have felt like the judges were being played off the Oscars last week. This week wasn't so bad, but it's still pointless and annoying.

Also, getting a real "let's get to know the contestants" vibe from the post dance Q&A.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2020 at 9:04pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I was (pleasantly) surprised that they did an elimination, considering it was Disney night. And obviously disappointed with the song choice for her.

Tyra will never improve. She sucks as a host unless its something of her own creation. She was a bad choice for AGT and is an even worse choice for DWTS. They had to cut off judges' comments after one performance last week due to her talking too much. Tyra makes everything about her, and news for her: No one cares that her and her mother are fans of the show. Yet she keeps bringing it up.

If/when Nev Schulman, Jeannie Mai and Jesse Metcalfe go, I'm done with the season. (And I only care about Jesse Metcalfe because he's partnered with Sharna.) I've never stopped watching a season, but frankly they're the only reason I even gave this season a shot. I cannot stand Tyra as a host. I do like the new pro dancers this season, though. 

(Sharna is my favorite choreographer out of all the pros, and she was sorely missed last season.)

*edited to add* If FOX ever gets MASKED DANCER off the ground (apparently its just an idea right now), part of me hopes they hire Tom to be the host....and schedule it against DWTS. DWTS will lose that battle. (Give Tom the hot sauce bottle mic he used on MASKED SINGER......)

Edited by Brian Floyd on 29 September 2020 at 9:06pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version