Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV
Topic: Late to the Party: The Last Kingdom Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 26 May 2020 at 12:42am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

My second in a series of threads. This Netflix series was recommended to my wife as one they thought she would enjoy.  Said to be "Game of Thrones without dragons and magic" it's essentially the tale of the Saxons and Danes fighting for control of what eventually becomes Britain. Full disclosure: my wife and I both loved GoT, so it wasn't necessarily a selling point to advertise it as such.  That said, I decided to give it a go with very little in the way of expectation...

To say that I've enjoyed it is an understatement.  I think it's a fantastic series.  It's filled with incredibly compelling characters who are steeped in a history that only we, as an audience, are privy to.  Relationships are the foundation, battles are surely the draw, but through it all the main character weaves a thread through two worlds about as well as any story told.  We've alternately raced then slowed our watch of the two out of four seasons currently available (the fourth just dropped) because we don't want to finish quite so quickly.  That, to me, is the mark of a really good series.  

Highly recommended.
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version