Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Who new on the CW? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:57pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The problem I would have is that I don't see the CW having the budget do the series I'd like to see properly. So taking those limitations into account...

A proper Birds of Prey series would be nice (Oracle and Black Canary with an international flavor ala the Dixon run) but I imagine the prior series and recent movie poisoned that particular well.

Love Bob's idea of a Secret Six series (I'm assuming we're both talking about the 60s "Who is Mockingbird" version). That said, I don't see that one lasting much longer than a season or two, so CW may not be the best fit.

Johnny Thunder, along the lines of the original Flash Comics series. (May need to tweak the magic word to be more reflective of today's slang, but whatever works.)

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2020 at 5:52pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I must not have been paying attention because i really
thought that everything merged. Granted, that comes from
Flash being the main one I watch and they seem to make
it a regular point that there is only one earth.

++++++++++++++++++++
The Arrowverse shows are on one Earth, DCUniverse on another (STARGIRL is on that one, I assume, since it airs there first), and the DC movies on another. I wonder what this means for SWAMP THING, since it was on DCUniverse but cancelled and is moving to CW? I've no idea what it'll mean for the Green Lantern series that is going to be on HBO Max, but since HBO Max has the rights to re-run BATWOMAN instead of Netflix like the other shows, it could be either Arrowverse or its own Earth. 

Personally, I hope the Green Lantern series is its own universe, because I'm going to feel robbed if Diggle pops up as a regular on that. At the end of ARROW he said him and his family were moving to Metropolis. And I've no desire to subscribe to HBO Max.

As for the JSA, even if they are dead, there's an easy way to bring them back: Per Degaton. When he shows up, steal the time machine. 

Edited by Brian Floyd on 21 May 2020 at 5:58pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:35pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I must not have been paying attention because i really
thought that everything merged. Granted, that comes from
Flash being the main one I watch and they seem to make
it a regular point that there is only one earth.

++++++++++++++++++++
The Arrowverse shows are on one Earth, DCUniverse on another (STARGIRL is on that one, I assume, since it airs there first), and the DC movies on another. I wonder what this means for SWAMP THING, since it was on DCUniverse but cancelled and is moving to CW? I've no idea what it'll mean for the Green Lantern series that is going to be on HBO Max, but since HBO Max has the rights to re-run BATWOMAN instead of Netflix like the other shows, it could be either Arrowverse or its own Earth. 

-----

Toward the end of COIE, right before the reveal of the Hall of Justice, there's a voiceover by Oliver as the Spectre describing the rebirth of the new multiverse, STARGIRL is shown as the new Earth-2 (presumably in homage to it being the JSA's world in the comics), each of the DCUniverse shows (including Swamp Thing) are given their own numbers. Footage from the Ryan Reynolds GREEN LANTERN movie is used Earth-12, but I think they were just reusing the footage to advertise the upcoming HBO Max Green Lantern show. Earth-96 was the Reeve/Routh Superman Earth, but his S-Shield was yellow, perhaps implying that Crisis undid Lois' death.
Back to Top profile | search

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:38pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Here you go:

Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version