Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 10
Topic: Bloomberg 2020 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 March 2020 at 12:54pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

When has a president ever said he would pocket veto a bill, under any circumstances, passed by his party in congress and supported by a majority of his party's members?  This bill got by guys like Joe Manchin, but Biden has to sit and go over it in detail before he can decide whether to sign it?

And btw, 'how are you going to pay for it' is a canard as is the tax raise.  Joe Biden isn't stupid.  He knows that.  He's playing on people's fears and using a Republican talking point to go after Bernie.  But Bernie said today he's going to ask Biden at the debate to explain this.  How exactly is he going to guarantee medical care to all Americans since he believes its a right?  And why would he veto a bill shepherded through Congress by his own party and supported by the majority of his party's members?
Back to Top profile | search

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 March 2020 at 12:57pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Also, I feel from responses I'm getting here in the other thread that people are reading this as me attacking Biden and them defending Biden.  If that's why you're interacting with me, don't bother, that's unimportant.

If Biden is going to be the nominee, then I want him to beat Trump.  My 'criticism' of him is coming from the perspective of 'this is the stuff he needs to fix to beat Trump'.  So defending him from those 'criticisms' isn't doing anything positive.  You're essentially arguing that Biden is just fine with his current course and is going to cruise to victory in November without shifting, changing his approach, appealing to Bernie supporters, or anything else.

Well, if he does that, I hope you're right.  Because that approach didn't work so well in 2016.

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 March 2020 at 3:44pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I'm sorry, but I don't buy the 'mentally impaired' line.  This is NOT an interview with a guy who's not all there.   https://news.yahoo.com/one-one-interview-joe-biden-013453765 .html
Back to Top profile | search | www

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 March 2020 at 9:47am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Bernie has set up the debate this Sunday as the Alamo.  He needs 55% of the remaining delegates to clinch the nomination.  Difficult, but not impossible if he destroys Biden at the debate.  On the other hand, if Biden makes a good showing, he can pretty much clinch the nomination that night.

For a long time, I thought debates weren't that important.  Bloomberg pretty much proved me wrong.

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 March 2020 at 12:56pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Steve DeYoung wrote:
He needs 55% of the remaining delegates to clinch the nomination.  Difficult, but not impossible if he destroys Biden at the debate.

"Difficult" is putting it mildly.  Sanders is polling terribly in the batch of states voting next week (Florida:  Biden 62%, Sanders 22% for example) and several of them (FL, AZ, OH) have already started early voting, which will put Sanders at a disadvantage even if he somehow turns the tide at the debate.  I'd say nothing short of a complete meltdown in which Biden drops his pants and exposes his penis on live TV would be sufficient to make a difference at this point.  A middling performance from Biden in which he stumbles or seems confused at times is not going to be enough to do it.

Edited by Jason Czeskleba on 12 March 2020 at 12:58pm

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 March 2020 at 1:08pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

QUOTE:
I'd say nothing short of a complete meltdown in which Biden drops his pants and exposes his penis on live TV would be sufficient to make a difference at this point.

And even then, he might rise to the occasion.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 10
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version