Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV
Topic: Late to the Party: Shitt’s Creek Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 01 February 2020 at 11:44pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I've heard people sing the praises of this series since its debut in 2015.  Been meaning to watch for a long time, but only just got around to it this past week.  Nearly finished with Season 2 (the first five seasons stream on Netflix) and I've got to say that this is a gem.  As a long time SCTV fan from its earliest days, it's really a joy to watch Eugene Levy and Maureen O'Hara at the top of their game.  Not to be outdone, Dan Levy and Annie Murphy shine as their children.  The rest of the cast is filled out with standout comedic performances by Emily Hampshire (formerly of 12 MONKEYS), Chris Elliot (who has always worked for me only in small doses), Jennifer Robertson (as the wife of Elliot's character) and Sarah Levy (it really is a family affair!).  As the series progresses, the town is filled out with weird, quirky, terribly interesting and hilariously funny characters.  

If you watched a couple of episodes but bowed out, I'd say stick with it.  It's one of those rare series that is fully formed with the pilot, yet takes a minute to establish the ancillary characters and situations in order to create callbacks later in the series.  

We're burning through the seasons at a rapid pace, it's just that good.  Highly recommended.  
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 02 February 2020 at 8:40am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I enjoyed the first season, but did not feel drawn back for more.
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version