Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 2
Topic: SUPER BOWL LIV is Sunday, 2/2! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2020 at 10:22pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I thought SF brought superior game, but once their D streaked down to the endzone after that second INT and started posing and preening, I was enthusiastically hoping they'd follow that bullshit with a meltdown.
Back to Top profile | search

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2020 at 10:26pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I thought it was a terrific Super Bowl, especially seeing the Chiefs come back so strong at the end and put it away.

I also always predict Super Bowl scores on FB - usually poorly - but this year I predicted a Chiefs 27-16 win.  I had the differential right, at least, and figured it was going to be lower scoring than a lot of other people did. 

I didn't have a real preference either way, other than I'm more of AFC guy so I'm happy for the Chiefs.  I'd have been fine with the 49ers too, though.

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2020 at 7:36am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

On FB I predicted that if the Chiefs scored over 30 points they would win.  And while they would have won with less, it shook out pretty much the way I thought it needed to.  Once they get rolling they almost can't help themselves.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2020 at 7:47am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

For the Super Bowl I always hope for an exciting game. Too many blowouts in the past how made me a skeptic for the "big game". This one did not disappoint. The only thing I did not like was the broadcaster decision to use illustrations for the player stats during the broadcast. Certainly an experiment, but it stuck out too much for me. I was happy to see either team win since there were sentimental reasons on either side. Glad to see Andy Reid finally get a win and end the spotlight on his wins without a championship stat.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Bob Simko
Byrne Robotics Security
Negative Mod

Posted: 03 February 2020 at 8:47am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Great game!
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2020 at 11:03am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Agreed regarding Reid who is a great coach and seems like a super nice guy.  Good to see him get his moment in the sun after such a long wait.  I'm hoping maybe now that the SB monkey is off his back he can focus on getting healthier again (he looks as big as he's ever been and that's not good, particularly in the high stress job he's occupied all these years.)
Congrats to Mahomes, too, who didn't play his best for three quarters but really turned it on in the decisive fourth quarter comeback.  League MVP and Superbowl MVP all in two short years... at a mere 24 years old this guy is the textbook definition of "the sky's the limit."

Marc Foxx
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2020 at 11:30am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Glad for Andy and the fine people of Kansas City (but I'm more glad that he got his Lombardi trophy after Philadelphia got one).
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2020 at 11:32am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I'm glad Reid finally won. Would have been happier if Eric Berry was still on the Chiefs, though.

Hopefully, the Lions will make it to a Super Bowl sometime. Browns probably won't unless Hell freezes over. Twice.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version