Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic << Prev Page of 33 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.08--Comments Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 11:59am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I don't know if it's confusing anyone, but in the Forum Jump dropdown, there's both "Fan Fic" and "X-Men Elsewhen Fan Fic 1", and the latter doesn't actually lead to any content outside of the stickied announcement threads.
Back to Top profile | search

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 12:13pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

It amazes me that so many people don’t know about this!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------

I believe I've asked this question before, but I would like to know what the professionals (folks in the industry) thoughts are with this project?

Hands Down!!! This story should (if possible) be nominated for comic awards.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 12:31pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Hands Down!!! This story should (if possible) be nominated for comic awards.

•••

I’ve wondered about that. Not because I have any interest in awards, but because, with NetFlix and Amazon “movies” drawing nominations right alongside theatrical releases, it seems something like ELSEWHEN should be eligible for consideration.

Paul Wills
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 1:22pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I also agree about the look and feel of uninked pencils in a comic book. You did an Angel story like that a while back which I thought was excellent.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 2:37pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Colossus on the current page looks particularly nice!

On the subject of how many people are aware of this project and where to find it: I am confused myself as to why there is a separate forum jump in the drop down list for "X-Men Elsewhen Fan Fic 1," as Vinny noted. Was the intention originally to have this series posted on that area of the site?

I also wonder if some people come to the Forum looking for Elsewhen and don't expect it to be in a section titled "Fan Fic." I get it myself that it is technically correct,  but even for work not created specifically for the publisher of the characters,  it seems off calling a professional artist's work "fan fic." I wonder if adding an "X-MEN Elsewhen" button to the site's homepage that leads directly to the story thread would make a difference?

When I have promoted this series on my Facebook pages and elsewhere,  I do explain where to look on the site to find it.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Larry Gil
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 3:00pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I think most people just go to the Forum and miss the Fan Fic button . 
maybe also include this in the Forum . I just had a work colleague recently tell me about his finding this and I said what took you so long.

The more people know the better and hopefully one day this will see print . This is by far the best  non-comic book out .

Tony Moretti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 3:44pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

How to draw Cap's shield: Just draw concentric circles on multiple parallel planes with a 10-sided non-convex polygon at the center in proper perspective, all while keeping in mind that the surface has about a 10 meter radius curve to it. Easy breezy.

Mark McKay
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 3:47pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

JB, would you consider a locked, pinned thread on the main forum page with nothing more than a link to the FanFic Forum for this? I know it seems redundant, but I wonder if it would garner more visibility/findability?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 3:47pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

On the subject of how many people are aware of this project and where to find it: I am confused myself as to why there is a separate forum jump in the drop down list for "X-Men Elsewhen Fan Fic 1," as Vinny noted?

•••

Yes... and then I forgot it was there!!!!

Rod Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2020 at 4:47pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

JB, 

I really like the way you've been feeding us information on the nature of these new Sentinels.   From Sebastian Shaw's statement in the previous issue, to Storm's thought balloon, which emphasised this information, to Cyclops' realisation.  It's these layers that I appreciated in my youth and that I find are missing from most mainstream comics these days.

Nathan Greno
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2020 at 12:23am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

JB: I’ve wondered about that. Not because I have any interest in awards, but because, with NetFlix and Amazon “movies” drawing nominations right alongside theatrical releases, it seems something like ELSEWHEN should be eligible for consideration.

This might not be widely known — Netflix, Amazon, and other streaming services do release their films in theaters to qualify for certain awards. 

For example: To be eligible for Academy award consideration, a film must have a minimum 7 day theatrical run in a LA County commercial theater, with at least 3 screenings per day for paid admission. 

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 January 2020 at 7:42am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

To be eligible for Academy award consideration, a film must have a minimum 7 day theatrical run in a LA County commercial theater, with at least 3 screenings per day for paid admission.

••

That's all it takes? Even for something created for a different venue? (But maybe this belongs in another thread.)

<< Prev Page of 33 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version