Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Star Wars
Byrne Robotics > Star Wars << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Kathleen Kennedy On The Future of Star Wars Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 November 2019 at 3:44am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Spoilers - The Emperor is back, and we had zero foreshadowing in eps 7 and 8. They really are shooting from the hip. 

This is really hard to understand for me. It shouldn't be that difficult to plan a trilogy in advance in a coherent way, being Disney and having all the money in the world.

From the outside it seems Rian Johnson made his film totally in isolation, ignored or contradicted a lot of stuff that happened in the first one and didn't care for what was coming next.

I still think THE LAST JEDI is kinda interesting in many ways but how could the Disney corporation let it happen without interference? They meddled big time with SOLO, which is in comparison a very minor film.

Maybe they'll pull the miracle of bringing it all together with RISE OF SKYWALKER in a way that makes sense, but I find it unlikely.

Even the worst of his movies, not to mention projects like the Clone Wars cartoon, are idiosyncratic and personal in ways the created-by-committee Disney products don't even try to emulate.

Agreed. I don't like the prequels for the most part but I think they're possibly better than what we're getting now and at least it was Lucas' vision.

Back to Top profile | search

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 11:07am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I still think THE LAST JEDI is kinda interesting in many ways but how could the Disney corporation let it happen without interference? They meddled big time with SOLO, which is in comparison a very minor film.

I read somewhere that Disney lets Marvel Studios & LucasFilm run as they wish... as long as they don't do something blatantly offensive. With SOLO, I believe I heard Kathleen Kennedy butted heads with directors Phil Lord & Chris Miller over their comedic sensibilities towards the film.

My guess is that Kennedy honestly didn't feel fit was necessary to have one singular narrative throughout this trilogy.... instead she let each film make express their own take on the story and keep the fans guessing.

Hard to understand for me as well.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version