•••

Billions of bacteria!

Back to Top profile | search

Bryan Eacret
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2019 at 12:47pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

No death involved

-----
Animal cruelty could be involved, though.  

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2019 at 12:48pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I figure a restaurant that mostly serves meat 
wouldn’t cook vegan/vegetarian options on a separate grill.

Most casual restaurants wouldn't have a separate grill (most restaurants actually have flat tops not open grills)  esp fast food.  Usually can request some kind of alternative like can you use a pan odds are BK would just microwaved it.  

This whole thing gets even messier when you have people w severe gluten allergies who think you have separate toasters for gluten free breads or separate deep fryers.  Most commercial kitchens are small cramped affairs.  

And when I was vegetarian way back I realized quickie how easy it was to become a junk food vegetarian if you rely on the processed fast frozen options.  

I am currently on keto I eat eggs daily my biometrics are all normal now where as before I had high blood pressure and cholesterol.  But now as I have learned the hard way if eat too many carbs I have the oh god why me running to the bathroom.  

The one thing I miss about my 20s is being able to eat anything drink all night go on 4 hours of sleep repeat.  

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2019 at 1:46pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Bryan Eacret wrote:
How is eating egg considered vegan? It comes from an animal. 

Eggs are NOT vegan.  However, I'm a vegetarian, not a vegan.  I guess I'm technically an ovo-lacto-vegetarian, but as it's the most common use of the term 'vegetarian,' I'm comfortable with the shorthand.

I can appreciate that the terms get confusing, particularly as a lot of people will call themselves vegetarian and still actually eat fish or even poultry.  And I get that for some who are not vegetarian or vegan, all the terms can be oddly infuriating.  I can't do anything about that latter part, though.

I assure you that many hardcore vegans consider the concept of these new meat substitutes philosophically abhorrent, which is an attitude I find odd.  But there you go.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Rhodes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2019 at 1:48pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I don't quite understand why any one who has chosen a vegan lifestyle would ever visit a place called "Burger King". 

Edited by Brian Rhodes on 20 November 2019 at 2:23pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2019 at 2:26pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Yeah, I find that dude's lawsuit to be the height of assholery.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Carlos Velasco
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2019 at 3:00pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

JB, before giving up on red meat, try organic red meat. The quality of the fat is much better (much less omega 6 and more omega 3, among other advantages).

I've been following an strictly carnivorous diet for over 6 months, currently based on organic ground beef and canned sardines (I gave up on organic hard cheese due to the excessive sodium and I also stopped eating organic chicken wings and legs and organic chicken eggs for several reasons) and found out that we don't need carbs to live and our bodies tolerate using fat as an energy source quite well. I am also surprised that I don't really need fiber, fruits or vegetables to live.

I am also eating a single meal a day after doing some jogging... I can't recommend this diet to anyone, as there is an adaptation period where your body needs carbs that can be hard, but this is just some additional information that I hope can be interesting to everyone who currently has problems with meat. Several years ago, I also had to stop eating red meat, but it looks like organic red meat is much better and our body needs some red meat intake here and there.

The worst thing about this diet is that I can't eat potatoes or bread anymore... but well, meat and fish are also delicious so I can't complain.

Bert Kruger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2019 at 7:14pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

JB
My dad went through the same problem as you, but it got to a point it didn't matter what he ate.
After several tests they say it's his pancreas not producing enough enzymes to help break down the food.
You may have already had this checked, but just thought I would throw it out their.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version