Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 3 Next >>
Topic: NFL Week 13 starts THURSDAY, November 28th!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 29 November 2019 at 1:04am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Make that three disappointing losses in four weeks.  Woof!
Back to Top profile | search

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2019 at 11:09am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Whatever it is - is a thing Dallas don't got.  Great passing offense, and no points to  show for it.  Reminds me of a team I like that didn't make the playoffs last year...

I'd read that Detroit's QB would do better than you'd think, unfortunately he wasn't enough.  And Trubikski had a pretty good time against that Detriot D :(

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2019 at 1:27pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Normally, Dallas' problem is that Jason Garrett is a lousy head coach, and Kellen Moore isn't much better at his job, either. I've wanted Garrett gone for three years now. But last night, Dak and others played like crap. Both teams need to replace their kickers.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2019 at 4:17pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Brian or anyone - What do you think of Jones as an owner.  When I read what he's said, or if I listen to him neutrally, I find he's got a keen mind for the game.  I could see him as commissioner.  But as an owner, he seems like a dolt sometimes.

Rich Marzullo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2019 at 4:27pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Kevin, I think he's done some good things for the game in general, but as an owner, he's too involved, and too emotional, with decisions that affect the team and weekly games. Take this Garrett fiasco, for instance. He's saying Garrett is the only chance they have to win a SB this year, and everyone else knows he should have been fired years ago. No objective analysis of his team, just all emotion.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 30 November 2019 at 1:08am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Emotion and desperate need for control is why he fired Jimmy Johnson. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 30 November 2019 at 3:21am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

And the rest...

Sunday, 12/1

• Titans at Colts - DISAGREE!!!  A combo of TY Hilton looking really awful last game and Tannehill looking like he's going to get a contract in Tennessee has me picking the normally hapless Titans on the road. 
  • Jets at Bengals
  • Redskins at Panthers
  • 49ers at Ravens 
  • Buccaneers at Jaguars
  • Packers at Giants
  • Eagles at Dolphins
  • Browns at Steelers 
  • Rams at Cardinals - I don't feel good about this pick.  At all.  Living in LA, I hear more than I care to hear about the Rams.  And it ain't good.
  • Raiders at Chiefs 
  • Chargers at Broncos 
  • Patriots at Texans 

Monday, 12/2

• Vikings at Seahawks - DISAGREE!!! I know what this is.  Classic bait.  At 8-3 you never thought I was going to pick the Chickens.  You knew I was going to pick my beloved Vikes.  And I didn't disappoint!  This season, shockingly, Seattle is a better road than home team. Take THAT 12th Man!  And, more importantly, I have faith.  Seems like everyone and their mother are writing the Vikes off this week, but forgive me if I don't see it.  Close game, but we get it done on the road.  SKOL!!!!
A total of 4 disagrees and we've already split Thanksgiving.  

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 November 2019 at 6:22pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I love this game!!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 December 2019 at 3:17am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Brian or anyone - What do you think of Jones as an owner.  When I read what he's said, or if I listen to him neutrally, I find he's got a keen mind for the game.  I could see him as commissioner.  But as an owner, he seems like a dolt sometimes.

++++++++++++++++++++

Pardon me if I'm long winded on this, but....

I agree with what Rich and Matt said. To me, he comes off as good evidence for an argument that owners should not be allowed to all be general managers. He seems to be someone who truly wants to win but has an ego and emotional issues that prevent him from seeing the big picture and realizing that he's not always right and that you can't rely on someone just because you like them. Tony Romo was the team's QB longer that he should have been, and Jason Garrett should be long gone from the head coaching position.

He's delusional regarding Jason Garrett and the Super Bowl. Garrett has only had one losing season, but he's also only had 1 playoff win. He often makes bad choices when it comes to playcalling, and doesn't take risks often enough or in situations when he should. The loss to Buffalo was mainly due to bad playing by their QB and others, but the loss to the Patriots can be placed on Garrett and on a bad call by the officials (the tripping penalty late in the game shouldn't have been called at all).

Personally, I have little faith in the Cowboys winning another Super Bowl with Jones as their owner. He's been trying too hard to prove that the team's 3 wins in the 90's weren't due to Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer, and it keeps blowing up in his face. I also do not like some of the choices in players that they've signed. Too many with bad attitudes or reputations. I was vehemently against Greg Hardy and Randy Gregory being picked up, for example.

i don't know if its true, but rumor is the only reason Dallas didn't draft Johnny Manziel is because Jerry's son literally stopped him from doing so. Can you imagine what a disaster/dumpster fire that would have been?!

Jerry Jones seems great as a person. Incredible ambassador for the NFL and does a lot of charity work. But as an owner, I give him a D. And that doesn't stand for Dallas!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 01 December 2019 at 4:43pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Early games...

Sunday, 12/1

• Titans at Colts - Right!  HAGERMAN WRONG.  I had a feeling...
  • Jets at Bengals - Wrong.
  • Redskins at Panthers - Wrong.  Ugly game #1.  It's looking increasingly likely that Riverboat Ron won't be around come Black Monday.
  • 49ers at Ravens - Right
  • Buccaneers at Jaguars - Right
  • Packers at Giants - Right
  • Eagles at Dolphins - Wrong.  Ugly game #2.  The NFC East is total garbage.  Given a prime opportunity to gain ground in the division, the Eagles squander it on the road to the moribund Dolphins.  
  • Browns at Steelers - Wrong.  Oh Browns...
6-5 so far and 2-1 v Hagerman.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 02 December 2019 at 6:53am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Late games...
  • Rams at Cardinals - Right
  • Raiders at Chiefs - Right
  • Chargers at Broncos - Wrong.  Pretty obvious why the Vikes/Chargers game was just flexed out of SNF in two weeks.  The Chargers are not right.  
  • Patriots at Texans - Wrong.  Ugly game for the Pats.  Their offensive struggles showed up big time in this game.  Brady not happy.
8-7 on the week with just MNF and a disagree (2-1) with Hagerman left to go.

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 December 2019 at 1:41pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Unremarkable 9-7 this week but there was lots of strangeness.

I mean, the Bengals won.

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version