Re: Webster and Worf

🤯
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 17 November 2019 at 2:00am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Brian Hague wrote:
MASH's finale was one of my favorite episodes of that series. It's incredibly uneven as it's a sort of MASH-up of three or four episodes all rolled together, but overall, I found it immensely effective, especially back in the day. The way that BJ's departure mirrored Trapper's and his inability to say the word "goodbye" out loud all hit home for me in a very good way. 

Hawkeye's breakdown was intense and I've spoken with people who hate that episode specifically because his performance was so overwrought that they didn't remember his recovery from it. They thought the episode left him in the asylum while everyone else went home. I actually got my copy of the episode out once to prove to someone that Hawkeye did in fact get to go home with the others.

One of my all-time favorite series finales, but Hawkeye's story was my least favorite of the three featured.  It was too on-the-nose for me.  Always has been.  The best hands down for me was Winchester's storyline.  Subtle and unexpected, it makes me cry every time.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 17 November 2019 at 2:09am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Lots of hate for the finale to LOST, but I'll buck the trend and say I really enjoyed it.  I bought it hook, line and sinker.  Again, understanding that others thought it came out of nowhere, I'd respectfully disagree when you watch the series again with the finale in mind.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 17 November 2019 at 2:15am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

John Byrne wrote:
NuBSG has a perfect finale. Itís just one season earlier than the producers want you to think.

Unpopular opinion #2:  I enjoyed the BSG series finale.  I think I said as much in the thread from years ago.  Others don't like it, many violently so, but I honestly like it.  

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 17 November 2019 at 7:52am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Ignore Reed, everyone! He lives in California, and we know those people have rotted their brains on mary jane and kale!

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 November 2019 at 8:13am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

He might be from California but with regards to the finales of Lost and BSG, I fully agree with him. :p

Paul Gibney
Byrne Robotics Member.

Posted: 17 November 2019 at 8:58am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Matt Reed wrote:
Lots of hate for the finale to LOST, but I'll buck the trend and say I really enjoyed it. †I bought it hook, line and sinker. †Again, understanding that others thought it came out of nowhere, I'd respectfully disagree when you watch the series again with the finale in mind. †

I agree it didn't "come out of nowhere". I know EXACTLY where it came from. I never watched LOST except for the first 10-15 minutes. I quickly "recognized" the probable ending and I always hate that particular cheat, so I dropped it.

Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 November 2019 at 9:45am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

The LOST finale was half fine, half rubbish. They were clearly making it up as they went along, but I enjoyed the ride. 

The BSG finale was harder to swallow.

ANGEL had a pretty much pitch-perfect finale, in my opinion. 

FRINGE had a great finale, though that last season was dark and difficult. 

The X-FILES finale was probably the worst of the lot. 

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 November 2019 at 10:57am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

FRINGE! Yes! I forgot about that finale. I really enjoyed that one.

Matt, seriously, you need to watch ASHES TO ASHES and then revisit the LOST finale.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 November 2019 at 1:42pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

QUOTE:
I agree it didn't "come out of nowhere". I know EXACTLY where it came from. I never watched LOST except for the first 10-15 minutes. I quickly "recognized" the probable ending and I always hate that particular cheat, so I dropped it.

I can't believe that anyone was able to predict the ending of LOST from the first 10-15 minutes. Unless people think the ending was that the survivors were dead the entire time on the island, which specifically was NOT the ending. Seriously, I don't know how anyone would get from a plane crash to
 INVISO TEXT (Click or highlight to reveal):
one of the survivors having to plug a magic hole in the island.

My major issue with the finale was that in a series whose overall theme was that people aren't defined by their pasts, the final notes seemed to say that all the survivors were defined by a particular moment in time at the expense of everything else that may have happened in their lives. Ugh.

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 November 2019 at 2:49pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I recently rewatched Lost ... Reed is right its pretty much there the whole time my issues watching it as a whole is the wishy washy way the characters change from episode to episode ...Charlie goes all dark then he's back to normal Locke is sorta the island Buddha then he's not then he's well I can go on and on but I still like the show you just have to watch it and pretend it's a soap on a magical island.  

I loved Quantum Leap's ending  Angel Parks &Rec and the UK Life on Mars ... its been awhile I remember not liking Ashes to Ashes 

The West Wing ended nicely consideringd the show became something very different from its beginning .....Alan Alda's Senator Vick was actually supposed to win but the show didn't get picked up so they went w the happy ending

Hate The final episode of The Prisoner 

Rob Ocelot
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 November 2019 at 10:39pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

John Harrison wrote:
Hate The final episode of The Prisoner

I don't mind this one so much or at least don't passionately hate it like many do.   I think that has to do with my not having experienced it first hand,  but only after it has been analyzed and contexualized by experts for a couple of decades.   I come into it already mentally prepared and view it in context of the larger series.   I can definitely sympathize with anyone who after viewing it on first airing would have turned to whoever was beside them and asked "What the hell did I just watch?".   (shades of Krusty the Clown's reaction to "Worker and Parasite" lol)

It's kind of scary that the broader strokes and themes of THE PRISONER are more relevant right now than they ever were, even back in the late 1960s.   I can't say that about too many TV shows.ddit

edit:  It's also something the modern incarnation of THE PRISONER totally missed the boat on.   What a waste of electrons that series was!

Edited by Rob Ocelot on 18 November 2019 at 10:42pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version