Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 3
Topic: Which classic superhero comics/characters would make good movies? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 October 2019 at 3:54pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Rebeca, I see you and raise you Invaders.
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 October 2019 at 4:16pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Now that "characters" has been added, I believe it's time and past time for a Space Ghost movie. Truly, I thought so about a decade back when DC released a Space Ghost mini-series. SG fever seemed to be running high, and it looked like the perfect time to get one on screen. Alas... nada to date.

Carlos Velasco
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2019 at 1:43pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

What about Marvel/DC team ups? They could be huge hits.

Adam Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2019 at 2:51pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

An adaptation of the earliest story arc of Dennis O'Neil's THE QUESTION would be extraordinarily easy to turn into a movie. Why DC/Warner Bros. doesn't just do it is beyond me. If they're gonna do a New Gods movie...

And if we really want a CGI extravaganza and to get the horror movie crowd to buy up tickets quickly, a Spectre movie is an obvious choice. 

Craig Earl
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2019 at 5:53am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Captain Britain for me, with the Alan Moore/ Alan Davis issues as inspiration (a movie version of the Fury would be awesome).

Also, Night Raven, (a Marvel UK pulp action hero set in 1920's).Worth checking out for those unaware of the character.

Carlos Velasco
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 October 2019 at 6:13pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I don't understand why the Legion of Superheroes has not been used in animated series, movies, TV series, video games... even board games.

There's a lot of potential there, especially from the Levitz era (but the earlier stuff was interesting too and I can see how so many people like it).

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 October 2019 at 6:20pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

There was a Legion of Super-Heroes animated series, two seasons of it I think (I just have the thirteen episodes of the first season on 3 DVDs). It's similar in style to the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited from around that same time. Legion characters also appeared in Smallville once, and some in the current Supergirl (Brainiac 5 is still in it, Mon-El was in a lot of an earlier season). I'd love to see a new animated series, I think the DC shows are usually really well done (and I haven't seen much Marvel for some reason, mostly on channels I don't get or something/Disney?)

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 29 October 2019 at 6:22pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Carlos Velasco
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 October 2019 at 12:10pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Thanks Rebecca... However, the Legion animated series doesn't look too good.

Also, I never liked the exaggerated look of the DC characters in animated series from the 90s... I would prefer a more realistic visual approach.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 October 2019 at 4:17pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

The LSH was set in the DCAU for three seasons, and it was okay - not great but far better than terrible. They also appeared in an episode of Superman:TAS and Justice League Unlimited.

So far, in the DCTVU, we have seen Superman, Supergirl, Mon-El, Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Dream Girl ancestor and who knows, maybe Chameleon Boy and Invisible Kid. :)

Carlos, I think the Legion has yet to catch on in print in this era, and so DC is pursuing its more popular characters with more fervor. I keep hoping each season of Supergirl (incuding this one) will have more Legionnaires - but it's expensive. Still, considering how Legends is doing, I think it's doable. Myself, I'm still convinced that John (Stewart) Diggle is going to end up with a power ring before this final season of Arrow is over.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 October 2019 at 4:37pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I can appreciate not liking something made to be too cartoony, there are some I really dislike like that. I was surprised I liked what I did. Maybe that is because the stories aren't slapstick at all. I saw a couple of Marvel Guardians Of the Galaxy cartoons that were straighter, and they seemed well done too.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 30 October 2019 at 4:38pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Carlos Velasco
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 October 2019 at 9:22am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Yeah... I actually don't expect any faithful adaptation, especially for my favorite universe, DC. But I am reading Levitz's run on the Legion and I can't avoid daydreaming about a movie or a realistic animation series based on those stories and characters. The story looks like it could be easily adapted to a video game of any genre, too.

Michael Arndt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 November 2019 at 2:23pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

THE DEMON
CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN
OMAC
THE INVADERS

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3