Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 5
Topic: Superhero movies Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 June 2020 at 12:52pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

At least the Garfield Spider-Man took off his mask only when it was logical to do so--and when the rosk of revealing his identity was minimal. The Maguire Spider-Man was, well, stupid!
------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Thank you!! I've been saying that for years. Which has gotten me so much grief from all the Maguire apologists out there that I was begining to think I was the only person that had even noticed that!

I really do wish Garfield had gotten a third Spider-Man film. Ah well...

Edited by Jason Scott on 26 June 2020 at 12:52pm
Back to Top profile | search

Robert Bradley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 June 2020 at 11:36pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I think the two movies that really captured the feel of the comics were Superman: The Movie and The Rocketeer.

I have enjoyed quite a few of the Marvel movies, but they always seem to find something to change unnecessarily or they miss the mark entirely on some detail.

DC has a worse track record as of late though - Wonder Woman was probably their best effort, but they certainly have no idea what to do with Superman anymore.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2020 at 1:54pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

On the subject of Hulk, we're likely to get a considerable helping of Mark Ruffalo in SHE-HULK, when that is released on Disney+. He said he's looking forward to it, and it wouldn't surprise me too much if the big battle Jen fights is against her cousin.

On THE INCREDIBLES, it had so much going for it but the jokes-- ugh. Jokes at the expense of fat guys like Bob, jokes about superhero costumes, winking at the camera about villain monologuing... yeesh. Tends to sour what is otherwise a good movie. And INCREDIBLES 2 is just... not... too good.

For my money, I liked CAPTAIN AMERICA: FIRST AVENGER quite a bit--not perfect but I think it did well with Cap and Peggy and the Red Skull--and also ANT-MAN, which... c'mon, Michael Pena's extended expository flashbacks are funny.
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 5
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version