Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 4 Next >>
Topic: Routh as KC Superman Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 October 2019 at 2:38pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Nic Cage might be appropriate as some DC character. But Superman definitely ain't it.

Michael Keaton didn't play a recognizable Bruce Wayne in 1989. I don't think he can do so in 2019 either. He simply doesn't look the part. (Unless he's in a costume that makes him taller, bulks him up, etc. And if that was to happen I hope he wouldn't be in the "I can't move my neck" suit of either 1989 or 1992.)
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 October 2019 at 3:58pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Cage as Ultraman

Brandon Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 October 2019 at 7:01pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

If this Crisis follows the plot of the original Crisis in the comics (as I remember it anyway), then many alternate earths will be eliminated 

If this means we could watch the Keaton/Cage 'Burton-Earth' vanish from existence, I'd give it a watch!

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2019 at 4:02pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Routh ALMOST nails the Kingdom Come Superman... but, his hair is too "poofy" - Alex Ross painted the KC Superman with pretty slicked down hair (top and sides).  

Marc

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 October 2019 at 9:08am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

There are some photos on Facebook, including one of Harbinger. There's also one of Tyler Hoechlin, Grant Gustin, and Brandon Routh standing next to each other in costume (no mask on Grant) smiling, and Routh looks more jacked than Hoechlin.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jason Scott
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 October 2019 at 2:37am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

If this Crisis follows the plot of the original Crisis in the comics (as I remember it anyway), then many alternate earths will be eliminated 

If this means we could watch the Keaton/Cage 'Burton-Earth' vanish from existence, I'd give it a watch!
------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

You may just get your wish Brandon. Apparently this was released as a tease, from the set of the latest episode they've been filming. (I actually think it's a nice 'Easter egg' and hope they do some more in a similar vein..)

Edited by Jason Scott on 12 October 2019 at 2:40am

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2019 at 9:09pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Just read Stephen Lobo (TNTís Snowpiercer, Supernatural) has been cast as Detective Jim Corrigan, a.k.a. the human host of the powerful cosmic entity known as The Spectre.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 9:35am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

It's started. SPOILER:

Last night's "Arrow" (ep 1 of the final season) had Arrow and Dig on another Earth - one where Dinah Lance is still (blonde) Black Canary and Adrian Chase is the Hood. At the end... the skies turned red and the white anti-matter cloud engulfed that world. And supposedly, next week's episode adds Katana to this little group of Team Arrow.

Personally, I would like to see as many heroes and versions thereof as possible, but I'm not sure it's economically feasible. And after all, George Reeves, Bud Collyer, and Chris Reeve aren't available - more's the pity.

Adam Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 7:51pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I have trouble believing that a version of CRISIS is going to be on TV. I have even more trouble believing that it might actually be fun to watch!

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 8:35pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

The showrunners confirmed that the Earth destroyed in this weeks episode of Arrow was in fact Earth-2, the same one that we have seen often on the Flash. They kept mum on whether or not Harry & Jessie are safe or not.

Brandon Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2019 at 9:20am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

QUOTE:
Apparently this was released as a tease, from the set of the latest episode they've been filming. (I actually think it's a nice 'Easter egg' and hope they do some more in a similar vein..)

Interesting. So if that newspaper is from Earth-Burton, does that mean the Selina he is going to marry is the Michelle Pfeiffer version? I don't even remember how Batman Returns ended. 

QUOTE:
Personally, I would like to see as many heroes and versions thereof as possible, but I'm not sure it's economically feasible. And after all, George Reeves, Bud Collyer, and Chris Reeve aren't available - more's the pity.

Well, Peter Cushing wasn't available for Rogue One either buuut.. ;-)

Seriously though, the technology now exists to make a Reeve/Collyer/Reeves appearance feasible even if they are just small cameo's. But as you pointed out, it may not be economically feasible. I don't know what the costs would be to utilize that kind of technology but maybe it's too costly.

Brian Rhodes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2019 at 9:29am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Interesting. So if that newspaper is from Earth-Burton, does that mean the Selina he is going to marry is the Michelle Pfeiffer version? I don't even remember how Batman Returns ended. 

Catwoman is shown as alive (but on her 9th life?). Selina Kyle was hardly a "socialite" in that movie, though. She was a broke secretary. Perhaps if post-movie, she became a high-dollar cat burgular...and/or starting dating Bruce Wayne publicly...that would get her there.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version