Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 8 Next >>
Topic: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie -Spoilers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2019 at 3:47pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Yeah, I can't wait until all media is streaming and cloud-based, so corporations can track viewer habits as well as censor, and suppress content without any backups available.

I'll stick with my discs, thanks! And I'd like to see this movie get a Blu release on par with the BB and BCS season sets--commentary, interviews, etc. Here's hoping.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2019 at 4:53pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Not to mention that unless you have it in your hand, you don't truly own digital media, even if you "bought" it.
Back to Top profile | search

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2019 at 5:43pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Yep. I pray for the day when all of BREAKING BAD and BETTER CALL SAUL and whatever spin-offs (like EL CAMINO) are complete and sitting on my bookshelf. Some kind of ultimate megaset which is packed with extras.

Fact of the matter is, pretty much every nerd property I love has now become garbage and/or is completely dying. Gilligan and his crew are about the only Hollywood people I have any faith in, at this point. I believe that EL CAMINO will be a proper epilogue which doesn't ruin BREAKING BAD, and that BETTER CALL SAUL will stick the landing just as its predecessor did.

Gilligan and crew have remained laser-focused on story and characters with each and every project in this amazing little universe. I don't see that changing, now. This is my oasis in the desert.

All I expect from EL CAMINO is that it's honest and intelligent storytelling which fits with the BREAKING BAD lore we know. I'm game for anything Gilligan sees fit to give us. For his part, Aaron Paul says he's pleased with the script, and, given his considerable emotional investment in the character Jesse Pinkman, that's enough of an endorsement for me.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2019 at 5:49pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I have a feeling that the streaming wars may revitalize physical media in the short term.  People's favorite shows getting bounced around and pulled for (another) new service will get at least some folks to realize that they're renting access to programming.  I mean, which is better, buying rotating subscriptions so you can re-binge the Office every six months, or just shelling out $40 for the DVDs and never having to worry about it again?

Once the dust settles and we're back down to 3 or 4 major streaming services, physical media will probably go back into decline.

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2019 at 9:55pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

By the way, the teaser promo image is also pretty darn awesome. Jesse escaping in Todd’s El Camino, leaving the classic BREAKING BAD meth-smoke (from the main title sequence) in his wake.

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 August 2019 at 11:03am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Looks like this will indeed air on AMC, sometime down the road.

And Aaron Paul just chimed in about how this movie was made in secret quite some time back, which is very impressive.

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 August 2019 at 11:11am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/aaron-paul-shares-jesse- pinkman-162902877.html

Yeah, the “One Minute” speech is definitely on-point. While “Felina” ended with Jesse triumphantly escaping from the new-Nazi compound, the reality of his post-BB situation has definitely still been sitting there, waiting to explored. His life is in total ruins because of Walter White. 

Benny Hasa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 August 2019 at 10:33pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Sony is one of the few studios that tends to put almost all of their stuff on Blu-ray.  So I would say it's a safe bet this will get a Blu-ray a few months after the film airs. 

Benny Hasa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 August 2019 at 10:37pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

As for the film itself I'm really looking forward to it.  Breaking Bad is the one show that got everything right.  

After the complete and utter mess the final season of Game of Thrones was this year, it will hopefully be nice to cleanse that disaster with the Breaking Bad film. 

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 September 2019 at 12:07am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Breaking Bad is the one show that got everything right.  

I think you may be right.

THE WIRE is my favourite show ever but the last season dropped in quality. THE SOPRANOS was also incredible, but the finale is "controversial" (I liked it, tho).

BREAKING BAD had all in all the best run IMHO. I was fearful of the BETTER CALL SAUL spin off and it turned out great as well. So I'm confident they won't drop the ball on this one.

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 September 2019 at 8:48pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I'm in the minority here, but I really didn't care for the final season of Breaking Bad. It felt like a step down after season four, so I'm hoping that this epilogue will add something to improve my opinion of it.

I also wonder if the post BB setting will tie into "Gene" and his storyline on Better Call Saul (a show I like a whole lot more than Breaking Bad, btw.).

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 September 2019 at 5:44pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I hope this is as good as the DEADWOOD movie was. I didn't think BREAKING BAD should ever be messed with or have subsequent material but then BETTER CALL SAUL blew me away and I might even like it better than BREAKING BAD. It certainly has a more likable  protagonist and Kim is a huge improvement over the women of BREAKING BAD.

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version