Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 3
Topic: College Football 2019 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 September 2019 at 2:17am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

An acquaintance of mine is a Florida fan. I happened to see him yesterday before and after the game. His personal catchphrase is ďVols Suck!Ē Iím to the point that something like that doesnít even bother me. Itís like itís just a fact of life now, so why let it get to me?
Back to Top profile | search

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 September 2019 at 11:38am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Interesting that so far, the big inter-conference games have all been won by SEC teams (Auburn over Oregon, LSU over Texas, Georgia over Notre Dame.)

Being in Ohio there's a lot of SEC Fatigue but, well, they do tend to keep winning. And I do enjoy listening to Big 10 fans suffer :)

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 06 October 2019 at 2:16am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The Dan Mullen hire is looking better and better every week.  He is, without a doubt, the perfect fit for the program.  The Gators dismantled the #7 Auburn Tigers this week.  No doubt about it. The score could have been, should have been, two TDs more than the end result. It wasn't a perfect game for the Gators by far, but we just outmatched and outclassed the Tigers at every position.  

It's a tough October.  One down.  Two to go.  And I'll take one in the win column any day of the week.  GO GATORS!!!!!!

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 October 2019 at 9:03am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

They remind me a bit of the 2006 team - 2nd year coach so it's not totally his team, but they win, even if it's not always as smooth as it will become.

Crazy to see SMU at 6-0 and back in the rankings! 

Edited by John Popa on 06 October 2019 at 9:10am

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 October 2019 at 9:45am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Tough loss for Florida in the Bayou.  Down their best D-lineman, LSU ran roughshod over the defense.  Still, Florida hung in, the offense looked in tune, it was a loss but in a lot of ways they improved their image.

LSU is a tough team, that 'Bama game is going to be a blast.  Georgia shot themselves in the foot against South Carolina.

Minnesota quietly at 6-0, which is fun to see, rolling a terrible Nebraska team this week. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 October 2019 at 2:40pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I'm as much surprised that Tennessee won as I am that Georgia lost.

Am not looking forward to the next game. Might as well start Guarantano over Maurer, because the Turd are going to walk all over the Vols. 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 November 2019 at 2:07pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Michigan knocks Notre Dame out of the playoff scene, Georgia does the same to Florida (while clinging to their own thin thread of hope,) Penn St. finds themselves facing a surprisingly undefeated Minnesota team, while they sit on the cusp of the play-off conversation (and on the verge of a winner-take-all match-up with Ohio St.)

Oh, and Alabama and LSU go head to head.

I do love college football season!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 November 2019 at 2:29pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Florida State firing their head coach so quickly as they did is bs.

Realisticially, unless a coach does something non-football related or is beyond absymal (turns a team that had a winning season the previous year into hot garbage), there's no justification in firing a head coach until they've had at least three to four years under their belt. Because the first year they have no players that they recruited. (Unless the coach was an assistant under the previous coach.) And they're still learning how the team's system works. Years 2 and 3, they've got more players they didn't recruit than players they did.

Won't happen, but I hope LSU beats Alabama. My two favorite college teams are the Tennessee Volunteers and whoever is playing Alabama.

(I can't stand Penn State, Ohio State or Notre Dame, either.)

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2019 at 6:24am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

First playoff rankings are out and they're a touch surprising:

1. Ohio St.
2. LSU
3. Alabama
4. Penn St.

I don't think they matter much in the great scheme of things - both in conference pairs play one another, for one thing.  Also, the first playoff rankings have never been the same as the actual playoff roster.

Still surprising to see Clemson on the outside looking in, even for now.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version