Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk Page of 10 Next >>
Topic: JBF Fantasy Football 2019 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 11 July 2019 at 11:12pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

WE'RE BAAAAACK!!!

I literally just renewed our league and sent all of last year's owners an email via Yahoo. Subject line: JBF Throwdown 2019.

Worry not.  Like seasons past, you don't have to do a thing.  If you played in the league last season, you're already signed up for this season.  That said...I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU'RE IN OR OUT.  Either way.  I need 11 replies here in this thread so that I can work on recruiting new teams if need be.  

As to the draft:  I think the live draft last season worked out REALLY well.  So well, in fact, that it's making a comeback this season! If you weren't a part of it, the draft itself didn't take all that long.  30-45 minutes max.  I've set the draft for Saturday, August 31st at 10 AM PST.  That date can certainly change.  I'm open to doing it Sunday, Sept. 1 or Monday (Labor Day) Sept. 2.  PLEASE weigh in on both your participation (in or out) and what day/time works best for you.  A morning PST start time seemed to accommodate everyone last year and the weekend before the NFL starts its season has been customary for this league since its inception.  

Worry not if you can't participate in the live draft. You can obviously still play, but it's important to RANK YOUR PLAYERS.  We had some last season that didn't do the live draft and also didn't rank anyone.  Sucks for that owner, but in that instance you'll be at the mercy of what Yahoo determines is the best available in that situation.  So take an hour or two over the next seven weeks to come up with your draft order.  

If you're like me, it's been six LONG months waiting not only for the NFL to start but for some much needed redemption.  In my case, it's seasons long redemption!  I, for one, can't wait!
Back to Top profile | search

Brad Brickley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2019 at 11:26pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I知 in! Looking forward to another season. I promise to not make any boneheaded picks this year! Sunday or Monday would work better for me because I値l be at work Saturday morning, but it痴 not a big deal if it stays Saturday, I値l just be on my iPhone at work then. 
Back to Top profile | search | www

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 11 July 2019 at 11:28pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I think we did the Sunday before Labor Day last year, so that's cool with me!  Let's hear from some more owners before we change the date.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 11 July 2019 at 11:32pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Also, a reminder:  the two divisions will remain the same for the purposes of rivalries that are long established.  That said, I will use a random generator to make our season schedule as I have done in seasons past, so don't go by what the schedule currently looks like when you go to our league page.  I'll update you after I've generated our official season schedule.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 11 July 2019 at 11:48pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Throwing this out there:  if there are any suggestions for tweaking anything in the league, now is the time to mention them.  Do you want to start a keeper league this season?  Do you think we need to rejigger the points system?  Should the divisions be switched up or done away with altogether?  

To the keeper league idea specifically, I think we need to make that decision this season.  I made the unilateral decision not to keep our players from last season because I think we all need fair warning.  If we know going in that this will become a keeper league, that's one thing.  It's entirely another if I decide for us.  It could look like impropriety on my part just so I could keep a player I really liked.  

My own personal opinion is that I don't want this to be a keeper league.  I like everyone starting from scratch every season rather than (for example) one person taking a flier on Patrick Mahomes in his rookie season, he becomes a mega star and is now unavailable for his entire career.  That's just me, however, and it's certainly up to the collective to decide.  This is our game, not just mine, so I want everyone to have a voice.  

William Roberge
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2019 at 1:33am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I知 in!
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

William Roberge
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2019 at 1:37am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I would vote against a keeper league.

I like the thrill of not knowing if I値l get Brady every year 😉

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2019 at 5:43am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

OMACs are in. 

And against keeper league. 

Rich Marzullo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2019 at 7:13am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

In in in in in!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Marc Foxx
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2019 at 7:57am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

BOOM! (Ow)

Yeah, I'm in.

Ryan Maxwell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2019 at 9:52am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I'm probably out. I fell off the map pretty early last year and just wasn't feeling it for some reason. I don't want to bring that lack of effort back this year, it's not fair to you guys. Sorry, this is the first time I've even been in the JBF since probably October. Hopefully, someone comes in and wants to play.  If not, I'll play but cannot make a live draft on Labor Day weekend, we'll be camping. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2019 at 1:04pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

OOOOOOHHHH YEEAAAAHHH.

In.

And that weekend is currently pretty open for me for the live draft. Saturday is fine if it works for everyone else. But I should be flexible (as of today.)

I'm also ok with NOT becoming a keeper league.

Edited by John Popa on 12 July 2019 at 1:05pm

Page of 10 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version