Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV
Topic: JESSICA JONES - Season 3 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 June 2019 at 11:43am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Just finished season 3. The best of her bunch for me, although Iím not a big fan of the direction they took Trish. 

I REALLY hope Marvel/Disney brings these Netflix shows back somehow. Getting a couple of seasons behind them, they were all starting to hit their stride. (Yes, even IRON FIST had a second season that was better than the first).  
Back to Top profile | search

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 June 2019 at 8:33pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I'm about halfway through the third season and liking it so far. Definitely the strongest of the three seasons. Hopefully they'll figure out a way to utilize these versions of the characters down the road.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2019 at 1:37am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I wasnít a fan of what they did with Trish. But I felt she was pretty irredeemable last season, so I guess Iím glad they just didnít sweep all that under the rug. 

Enjoyed the rest of it though. What I liked most was they didnít have Jessica backslide and have to relearn the same lessons she did in the previous seasons. I felt the other Marvel shows, DAREDEVIL especially, were guilty of that. Jessica made some mistakes, but she learned from her past and was mostly trying to do things the right way. 

Adam Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2019 at 4:35pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I haven't watched it yet. I assume she isn't in a yellow and blue costume and calling herself Hellcat. (Well, maybe she's calling herself Hellcat.)

(How was Hellcat even allowed to exist when Jim Shooter and Tom DeFalco forbade Marvel characters from saying "hell"? Hmm...)

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2019 at 9:20pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The term "hellcat" is not, in and of itself, technically a swear, and DC had already cover-featured the term in 1966 in an OUR ARMY AT WAR feature called "LT. HUNTER AND HIS HELLCATS." And in 1957, there was the Columbia Pictures film HELLCATS OF THE NAVY starring Ronald Reagan and his wife, Nancy.

Since it worked previously on the marquee and comics stand, I suspect there wouldn't have been much room to object in using it for Patsy.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2019 at 6:44pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Not only did she not wear the Hellcat costume, she mocked it.  I just wasnít a fan of Jessica Jones.  I enjoyed the first season, but Iím pretty sure that was mostly for David Tennant chewing the scenery.  None of the other antagonists on the show, including Foolkiller this season, did it for me.

I think my issue is Kristen Ritter.  Itís not that she turned in a bad performance.  Itís more that she never managed to physically embody the character for me.  Sort of like Michael Keatonís Batman.

I loved the Punisher and Daredevil.  I liked Luke Cage a lot.  Jessica Jones was okay.  Iron Fist was pretty bad.  

Adam Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 July 2019 at 8:48am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

She mocked the Hellcat costume. Pfft. Never mind.

I still miss Daredevil. That wasn't just a great superhero show, it was a great show, period. And I'm glad that's the general consensus.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 July 2019 at 10:33am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I think my issue is Kristen Ritter.  Itís not that she turned in a bad performance.  Itís more that she never managed to physically embody the character for me.  Sort of like Michael Keatonís Batman.

-----

She wasn't quite right for the MAX version of Jessica Jones illustrated by Michael Gaydos in ALIAS, who came across as being past her prime. But I think she matched Mark Bagley's version in her Jewel backstory, as well as the more traditionally superheroic version that transitioned over to the Marvel Universe in THE PULSE.

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2019 at 1:24pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Kristen is always terrific imo but never so much as in "Don't Trust the B---- in Apt 23". A shame they canceled that show. I'd like them to bring it back but I live in a universe of false hope.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version