Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 18 June 2019 at 12:19pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

LINK

Now, if only being stupid HURT.

Back to Top profile | search

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2019 at 12:28pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Did the book publisher really need to speak to the father to figure out that the book was lies?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2019 at 7:26pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Sandy Hook deniers make me sick. I feel so sad for the parents who still deal with the loss plus have to be subjected to these nut jobs.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 June 2019 at 7:15am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

These kinds of people have always existed, but in the Past their voices were very small. Now, via the internet, they can be very, very loud. And there are enough stupid people out there who will believe just about anything, that these kinds of delusional lies can spread, sometimes even more widely than the truth.

Truth itself has become seriously in danger of being perceived as whichever message is loudest. Look at the current White House.

Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2019 at 9:30pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

We had a couple of these guys turn up in a music forum... luckily someone there lived near that school and heard the commotion the day it happened and was very livid toward them and all their stupid links to 'prove' their garbage. A lot of such places just won't allow any kinds of politics related discussion anymore but in a way that sort of clears the field of people like the fellow who lived near and sort of witnessed Sandy Hook.

At one time when the FCC and Post Office rules and regulations had some teeth you could do something about a lot of this kind of disinformation garbage, but at some point all regulations got labelled red tape or job killers and slowly oversight has been eroded, and the internet was seemingly always ballyhooed as having to be free and open. I can't believe something like the National Enquirer or CBN Network (Pat Robertson & co.) find support and tv stations willing to sell airtime, it almost seems critical to teach critical thinking in schools.... I got whatever I have from reading Analog and other science fiction magazines and books probably.

This Sandy Hook thing still brings me near tears to think about, modern Lord Haw Haws bleating about it being an Obama directed hoax or whatever... might as well be holocaust deniers, no difference really except maybe the grip on the guns they fear being taken away.
Back to Top profile | search | www

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version