Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Terminator 6 - Dark Fate Trailer Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:39am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I'm not sure. History's been changed so much I can't clearly recall anything about Genisys.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 May 2019 at 10:39am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Byron Graham wrote:
Kyle Reese gave a good explanation in the first film. Terminators are infiltration units. "They look human — sweat, bad breath, everything." Aging would come in just as handy as bad breath when passing for human.

The obvious answer is that Terminators age because Arnie has aged, QED.

But just for fun, let's overthink it a bit: I can't imagine a Terminator infiltrating a group of humans long enough to visibly age (several years without being detected by a stray dog or close human friends?).

Not to mention, if the machines are advanced enough to create controlled cellular degeneration, why wouldn't they also do the opposite (i.e., healing), which is arguably far more useful for infiltration? In the first two Terminator movies, the T800 just removes damaged flesh and organs, which hardly aids his mission as an infiltration unit.

I suppose the best we can say is that Terminators are created in all different appearances, and that includes various states of aging.

Edited by Koroush Ghazi on 28 May 2019 at 10:41am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 05 June 2019 at 7:21am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

At least we are not being subjected to Arnold being "youthified" via CGI--tho on a Terminator that waxwork effect might be appropriate.
Back to Top profile | search

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 June 2019 at 5:27pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I think it would have been far more interesting if they made Arnold the villain again* .

*Still can't believe that the heel turn in T2 was completely spoiled by the press junket and commercials prior to release. I told one of my younger coworkers that loves T2 (he was 3 years old in '91) that the movie is actually constructed for that to be a surprise if you pay attention and try to watch it blind. He was flabbergasted.

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2019 at 3:37pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Zero interest.

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2019 at 10:14pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

We’ve lived in a world with more bad TERMINATOR movies than good ones for awhile, already (whereas there used to be only two GOOD films), but they just keep trying. And failing. And trying. And failing.

RISE OF THE MACHINES was the first chapter in a trilogy which never happened. SALVATION was the first chapter in a trilogy which never happened. GENISYS was the first chapter in a trilogy which never happened. And this new movie will probably be the first chapter in a trilogy which will never happen. From the early info and plot leaks, this has “trainwreck” written all over it. Yet another counterfeit sequel which is trying to sneak in the door by saying that the other counterfeit sequels don’t count.

Cameron’s involvement means nothing to me, since he was more than happy to shill for GENISYS, a few years back. He made two great films, and it should have ended there. Even the beloved T2 was stretching credibility by continuing the story. Everything else since then falls into the “unnecessary reboot/remake/rehash” camp, and is ridiculously easy to ignore.

Please let it end. Please stop. It’s already dead!

Rob Ocelot
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 5:16pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The last remotely interesting TERMINATOR thing IMO was SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES, and that really wasn't all that great.   Ended on a cliffhanger, too.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version