Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies
Topic: Super hero movies - I HATED that moment! (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 March 2019 at 10:27am | IP Logged | 1  

There have been a LOT of super hero movies since "Batman" and "Superman the Movie." A lot of them have been great... but in any movie there's some dumb moment or overly-silly moment. Pick up to three movies and two or three really awkward moments from each.

And please... don't say "The Whole Movie". If you hated "Howard the Duck" or "Superman IV: The Quest for Peace" or "Hancock", that's acceptable - but I'm looking for individual elements.

One of my biggies was in "X-Men". Magneto's scheme rests on use of mutantizer, to the extent of killing whomever is powering it. He finds someone to whom he can give his powers, and he forces them upon Rogue. But how could he possibly force her to use those powers specifically in that manner, and to her own destruction? Except for Cyclops*, I can't see how Rogue wasn't in complete control of the powers she adapted**.

*And Cyclops' control is due to an injury. Rogue or Mimic or the Super-Adaptoid, etc., might have perfect control of them.

**We see this in X-Men 2, when she takes Pyro's powers; she doesn't immediately HAVE to start controlling fire.

So let's review some funky moments, friends.

Back to Top profile | search

Laren Farmer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 March 2019 at 10:38am | IP Logged | 2  

The first thing that came to my mind when seeing the thread title was final battle in Superman II.  Featuring the magic fly paper 'S' symbol, and the Kryptonians .shooting lasers from their hands
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 March 2019 at 11:02am | IP Logged | 3  

From the Forum Decorum:

Do Not start deliberately negative threads. Don't post just to bash.

Back to Top profile | search

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version