Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 11 Next >>
Topic: Game of Thrones Final Season Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 2:54am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I liked Bron.  So Iím ready for him to die now. His cutthroat routine has worn thin on me.

Rest in dragon heaven, great Rheagal.

And poor Ghost...with an ear missing! 😞 
Iím laying odds that he wonít disappear up north with the Wildlings.  I want him to reconnect with Nymeria and her pack.
Back to Top profile | search

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 3:27am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

The sheer amount of contrivance since the writers ran out of book material boggles the mind. 

It's just funny to me now. Those post show interviews and the kind of crap they say in that Variety article remind me of that Groucho Marx quote: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. 

Dany "forgetting" about the Iron fleet's possible ambush (not like that's ever happened before!), Jamie choosing not to share with his new allies the existence of a dragon killing weapon in the hands of their enemies, Cersei paying mercenaries to kill her brother but refraining to do so when he's a sitting duck for all of her archers... We could go on and on. 

At this point I take the show as a very expensive soap opera and enjoy it for what it is. 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 4:04am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I just donít understand why Dany didnít circle around and blast the fleet from the rear. Werenít those ballistas mounted on the bows?

Iím alright with the Starks vs Dany as endgame, but Iím not comfortable with turning her into the Mad Queen to do it. They spent seven seasons building her up as principled, if sometimes monomaniacal, leader. To make her go crazy pants by killing off all her friends (including the one black woman on the show) just to make it easier for everyone to take sides seems cheap. Iím really hoping she gains some perspective in the next episode and pulls back from the edge.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:00am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

It is feeling a bit rushed at times -- the journey down to King's Landing was in the blink of an eye. Still, it did give me some of those patented Game of Thrones 'I'm not liking where this is headed' feels and I very much enjoyed the discussions between Tyrion and Varys.

Excellent animation for the dragons. I really got a horrible sinking feeling when they shot the poor guy.

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:18am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Vary's riddle from season 2 begins to crystallize. The High Sparrow was the priest, Cersei is The Rich Man and Dany is the King, though literally anyone who won out to reach their positions would have served equally well. It become clear there is a Judgement Of Paris quality to the riddle: that all three choices are bad.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 11:39am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Even a show set in a fantasy world can't escape product placement (joke):

Starbucks really are popping up everywhere!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 2:46pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I'm back on board fully after this last episode.  This is why I started watching Game of Thrones.  The unpredictability, the sense of impending doom, and a dozen schemers all hungry for power.

Benny Hasa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 3:58pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

These last few episodes seem to be getting blasted online by the online community.  Never thought I'd see that happen to Game of Thrones.  

On that note, I actually really enjoyed the episodes despite a lot of things making taking a few steps away from logic.  It was still highly entertaining.  I still can't defend the mess of an episode three was, but this episode was honestly really good.  

Can't wait to see how it all ends, but something tells me Dany isn't going to make it.  

Jozef Brandt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 4:28pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Euron's magic stealth fleet is ridiculous.  (Has been since it was introduced)  The accuracy/number/abilities of those anti-aircraft batteries is ridiculous.  Just within the internal logic of the show, it doesn't make sense.  How could all of these supposedly smart people forget about the fleet that had already ambushed them once?  Why wouldn't they have Bran scout the area with ravens?  Why couldn't they see a fleet from high up and far away?  Why does everyone have to turn stupid for the plot to work?  

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:12pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Weapons like those have never been that accurate in real life, and shouldn't be in GoT, either. The dragon being shot down with pinpoint accuracy was Grade-A bs.

Also, there's a fan theory out that Tyrion's speech to Cersei at the end *may* have set up her assassination. By Euron.

Personally, I've thought since the end of last season - and still think - that Jamie is going to be the one who kills her.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 5:04am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I liked the episode; I just wish some of the actions taken came across as natural rather than "okay, this week is Cersei and Euron's turn to look badass; next week Daenerys and company get to do cool stuff."

And I continue to hold out hope that Tyrion will rediscover his cleverness before the end.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 2:04pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

In a disgusting act of censorship and revisionist history, the Starbucks cup has been digitally edited out of future airings of the episode. BOO on this Orwellian shit! BOOOOOOO!

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 2:11pm | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Maybe they should've just darkened the episode more so our old and badly calibrated TV sets couldn't spot it.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 3:17pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

Starbucks has to be loving this free publicity. "The coffee of a dragon queen!"

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 5:15pm | IP Logged | 15 post reply

So, is Jaime going back to kill Cersei or to fight for her? I truly felt bad for Brienne. 

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 5:57pm | IP Logged | 16 post reply

Thought this was funny

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 May 2019 at 8:53am | IP Logged | 17 post reply

How much time has passed within the show between the first episode and the most recent?

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 May 2019 at 12:23pm | IP Logged | 18 post reply

Umm guys....
Is Dany going to be a grandma?

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 08 May 2019 at 7:37pm

Didier Yvon Paul Fayolle
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2019 at 8:47pm | IP Logged | 19 post reply

It was nice but it starts to feel really rushed with
only 2 episodes left.

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:44pm | IP Logged | 20 post reply

Some people (on Twitter) seem to be suggesting Dany turning all Slightly-Miffed-Queen, came out of nowhere.
I respectfully note that D&D were pointing out her "circle of cruelty" grew with her "circle of compassion" since she got her army back in season 3?
With a family motto of  "Fire and Blood," (and bad blood on every side that stretches from very recently to a loooong way back), did anybody really think a negotiated settlement was likely?
Considering the number of cities that were laid to ruin in sieges throughout history, this may have been by far the most realistic thing that has happened on the show.
And what the heck did Qyburn do to the Mountain?  Sheesh. Sturdy.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:55pm | IP Logged | 21 post reply

The Mountain was more or less Friday the 13th Part 6 Jason Voorhees.

There have been signs that something wasn't quite right with Dany for several seasons.

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:03pm | IP Logged | 22 post reply

We may have had reason to worry when Dany got super turned-on as Khal Drogo gave his enthusiastic litany of what he was going to do to Westeros for trying to kill his Khaleesi 

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:16pm | IP Logged | 23 post reply

Dany has long been steely and fearsome, but I do not agree that she has been unhinged for a long time. In my opinion, that is something they have pulled out of their arse this season. And for my money, this was one of the worst episodes yet.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:28pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

What I had a problem with was the soldiers attacking innocent people in the city. The Dothraki I can understand doing it. But the soldiers from the North, no.

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:33pm | IP Logged | 25 post reply

I don't think she was unhinged for a long time, but in retrospect it has been growing (as noted by the show runners) for a long time. She has been betrayed by almost everyone she knew and most of the people who loved her at some point, and this is central to her arc.  How many people have died to further her "right" to the throne? As a character, she was made easy to like because she's pretty and personable and has suffered, and her violence was thus easier to defend because of course there were always extenuating circumstances. 

The whole subtext of the show has been leading to this. I don't think it would have made any sense had she not snapped, had *everything* not snapped.

Technical aside, the cinematography was beyond stunning.

<< Prev Page of 11 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version