Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Star Trek
Byrne Robotics > Star Trek
Topic: Humble Bundle Star Trek Collection Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2019 at 7:28am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

For those who haven't checked out JB's Star Trek work, or who are looking for convenient digital copies, check out the Humble Bundle currently available.  

For $8, you can get all of New Visions, plus both volumes of the Alien Spotlight that includes some fantastic Byrne art and stories! (There is a ton of other stuff you get as well.)

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 01 March 2019 at 8:27am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Keep in mind, these pages were NOT meant to be viewed in a digital format. All their sins are revealed, so to speak, when presented on something other than a printed page.

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2019 at 1:17pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I was going to mention this but reading JB's comment makes me want to read them in all in tpb format instead. So far I have the first four tpb's and they have been really great and I plan on eventually getting them all. The Humble Bundles do go to great charity causes though if you have the print versions and there are many other IDW Star Trek comics in the bundles that may look okay in digital format in  the 1, 8 and 15 dollar bundles all of which have increasing amounts of comics. There is a LOT of stuff in that 15 dollar bundle. I don't really like reading comics digitally but I know some do.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 01 March 2019 at 2:49pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Can’t deny there are people who prefer the digital format—just wish they’d all learn NOT to complain about “flaws” that spring FROM that format. Looking at some of the digital publications, I have been appalled by all the "seams" that are brought into sharp relief by that very unforgiving format.

Rob Ocelot
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 March 2019 at 1:41am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Keep in mind, these pages were NOT meant to be viewed in a digital format. All their sins are revealed, so to speak, when presented on something other than a printed page.

They do say the (digital) camera adds ten pounds... :-)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2019 at 1:43am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I do have to admit that I am pretty much 100% digital on my comic reading now - I have a large screen iPad so the page is pretty much comic sized.

JB's New Visions look incredible. He may well kill me for saying this, but I prefer the digital versions of those pages to the printed (I have both)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brandon Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 March 2019 at 10:56am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

While I will always prefer the printed page to digital, I must admit there is a certain appeal of having a collection of books or comics on a small device you can carry around with you. It can be very handy when your in a waiting room or a long checkout line or just need a quick reference from something in your collection.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version