Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV
Topic: Young Justice: Outsiders (aka Season 3) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 January 2019 at 6:24am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I didn't think this was dropping until later in the year but it looks like we are getting 13 episodes now and a further 13 in June.   

What's nice is they are releasing a small number of episodes on Fridays rather than one at a time or all at once -- sort of a middle road between old style TV and binge watching.   I believe the schedule for the fist half is 3+3+3, a week off and then the final 4.

I"m always up for some great television from Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, Spectacular Spider-man).   Not sure if Peter David is involved with this season like he was the previous two. 

No spoilers yet   There is a time jump this season though it's not as a big a jump as it was last season.

Edited by Rob Ocelot on 10 January 2019 at 6:25am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 January 2019 at 4:17pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

That Young Justice TV show wasn't half bad. I will tremendously enjoy watching it.

For that matter, I'd would start buying a Young Justice For All (or some such) by David and Nauck if DC would take a chance. I did so enjoy that book!
Back to Top profile | search

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 January 2019 at 6:22pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

After the first two episodes, I was worried it was becoming too serialized, but I guess I should look at the first three episodes as just one long one?

The show is a little bit darker, but still within the tone of the first two seasons.

Rob Ocelot
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 January 2019 at 10:43pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Wow.  These last few episodes....

*I didn't think a show could get me to feel sympathy for Vandal Savage, but there ya go.

*Ocean Master/Orn really just can't catch a break in this show, can he?

*This might end up being the most insideous and creepy version of Granny Goodness I've ever seen.   Brrrr.

*That fight with Lobo was just brutal.   The show is way more graphic than the past two seasons.

*They don't reveal the hows and whys of Barbara becoming Oracle but it's likely a version of you-know-what story.

*I'm glad other characters in the show have noticed Roy and Artemis' living arrangements are weird and come to the conclusion they have shacked up.

*The overall plot is shaping up to be very ambitious and thought-provoking.   The heroes doing the heroic right thing in the here and now may actually end up dooming humanity in the long run by leaving them vulnerable to predatory aliens like Darkseid and Starro.   It doesn't excuse the horrible things the Light does to innocent people in the present, however sometimes you *do* have to step back and see the bigger picture..

*All alliances and treaties with Apokalips have their 'gotchas' and Vandal Savage's deal with Darkseid is no exception.   I think Vandal is wise and savvy enough to realize this and has a 'Plan B'.   He's been Darkseid's bitch for how many centuries now?

Edited by Rob Ocelot on 21 January 2019 at 10:46pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 January 2019 at 11:42pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

QUOTE:
That fight with Lobo was just brutal.   The show is way more graphic than the past two seasons.

They are really milking the lack of broadcast standards and practices with regard to Halo's healing powers.

QUOTE:
I'm glad other characters in the show have noticed Roy and Artemis' living arrangements are weird and come to the conclusion they have shacked up.

It worked for Danny Tanner and Uncle Jesse!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version