Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 2
Topic: TV shows / films that scared the crap out of you as a kid Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 December 2018 at 11:52am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I know my way around my house in the dark, but that night I turned on a light before going through any doorway.

SOP in my house! 

I will seldom shut the light in the room I'm in and walk into the total darkness of the hallway or another room without first putting on another light.  

I also look over my shoulder to keep an eye on the stairs behind me as I ascend to go to my bedroom at night. 

Oh, and sitting in a dark room with my back to a wall - or something behind me - is a must. 

I frighten myself more than any TV show, book, or movie ever could. 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 December 2018 at 1:16am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Jack, that description of the snakes and bats is so creepy, I'm a little frightened of it here today. Brrr! Very evocative!

Ronald, I feel your pain, sir. 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jozef Brandt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 December 2018 at 1:51am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I must be the same age as many of y'all because I remember Salem's Lot as well! 

The other one I remember is a movie called Tourist Trap that I somehow accidentally watched as a 5 or 6 yr old.  It ends with most of the main character's friends being turned into mannequins and for some reason that really disturbed me.

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 22 December 2018 at 11:27am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

There was an episode of the old JUNGLE JIM TV series that scared the bejeepers out of me when I was about 7. A “ghost” haunting Jim’s camp. Turned out to a hoax—a sheet draped over a basketball—but by the time of that revelation, for me the damage had been done!
Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 December 2018 at 2:48pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Kolchak The Night Stalker... first two tv 'movies' and then some of the series too, but I loved it!

Also the Outer Limits with the ants with faces, kind of like the old The Fly movie some have mentioned. I definitely had nightmares. :^o

I know something from a Lost In Space actually scared me when I was little too, all I remember is there was an evil robot, or maybe the regular robot got turned evil. I had a bad dream about an evil robot at our front door asking for me! :^)
Back to Top profile | search | www

Andrew Saxon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 December 2018 at 7:15am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

This might amuse some here but, I have to say, when I first saw it as a young boy, Spock's Brain absolutely terrified me and gave me nightmares. The idea that someone might open up a skull and steal a still conscious brain away was chilling to young me. I had bad dreams of coming downstairs in the morning and finding my family with the tops of their heads opened up.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 December 2018 at 3:26pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Rebecca, there was an episode or two of Kolchak that scared me, as well.

Also, the movie THE MANITOU. It's actually one of my favorite films, but certainly wasn't when I first saw it as a kid!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version