Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 42 Next >>
Topic: Avengers: Endgame ~ SPOILERS start Pg 7 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:18pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

He developed the web fluid and webshooters with homemade materials. He hacked into and modified the suit developed by Tony Stark. He seems to be regarded as the smartest kid at his school, which is a STEM school full of smart kids, even though he doesn’t seem to be particularly focused on his academics. 
Back to Top profile | search

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:34pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Let's not forget that he got the Stark internship and nobody batted an eye, so it was a cover with a lot of truth to back it up.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Matthew Wilkie
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:19am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

With James D'Arcy playing Jarvis in Endgame it's the first time a character that was introduced in the Marvel TV shows has then appeared in an MCU film. Could we see more of this when Disney launch their MCU shows on the new channel?

Andy Mokler
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:04am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Everyone notice how Andy didn't respond to his "MeToo" accusation being proven false?

Well, I didn't say anything about the Weinstein situation.  Which was brought up, I assume, to try and discredit me instead of staying on point.  "MeToo" has been around since 2006 which easily fits the time frame referenced. 

I didn't feel like correcting that point served much purpose.  I mean, now that you know, does it change your opinion on the actual subject?  

Should I presume that you'll draw everyone's attention to your own error as you took the time to (falsely) point to mine?

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Andy Mokler
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:21am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Is there a feminist agenda in the newer MCU films, along with the Star Wars franchise and other films? Sure...

So, we're in agreement.

I watched CAPTAIN MARVEL,  and while it does have a feminist subtext, 

So again, you agree that it isn't a baseless opinion that doesn't exist as others have suggested.  I appreciate it.

I don't get why so many fans are threatened by the portrayal of strong women in film.

This is a strawman and I gave many examples of why this isn't true.  At least for me and from what I've read from others.  Just within the Marvel Universe fans are clamoring for a stand alone Black Widow movie, Scarlet Witch movie, She-Hulk movie, etc.  I've never heard a complaint about Gamora, Nebula, Shiri, Okoye,  Sif or Jane Foster or feelings of being threatened by any of them.

I criticized James Woods and Co. in 1998's Vampires for doing a similar, out of place, take you out of the moment pose shot so if it was just that, it would still deserve criticism IMO.  That it compounded things by making it a segregation exercise between women and men makes it all the more cringe-worthy.

I agree that if it was just an isolated, fun moment that it wouldn't mean anything but as you have agreed, there is an undertone of feminism present in modern Disney blockbusters that IMO, takes away from the overall enjoyment to some degree.

Pointing it out doesn't mean that it's a huge deal or that someone is a misogynist or threatened by women either.

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:28am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

There was nothing false in my statement, Andy, and yours is still wrong. The phrase "MeToo" may have been coined in 2006, but it was not a movement at that time. It only became one in 2017 after the Weinstein scandal broke and prominent female performers came forward to promote it. 

You said that franchises such as Ghostbusters, the Avengers, Doctor Who, and Star Wars were exploiting the movement, which did not yet exist in the U.S., and you said that they were doing so in order to belittle and emasculate men, which is idiocy. 

You remain incorrect, politically and otherwise.

Edited by Brian Hague on 11 May 2019 at 9:31am

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:42am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I watched CAPTAIN MARVEL,  and while it does have a feminist subtext, 

So again, you agree that it isn't a baseless opinion that doesn't exist as others have suggested.  I appreciate it.

----

I'd agree with Brian that CAPTAIN MARVEL has a feminist subtext. I'd also state that your opinion is baseless. The two stances are not mutually exclusive.

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 11:37am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Marvel Studios is headed by Kevin Feige.  AVENGERS: ENDGAME was directed by Anthony & Joe Russo, and written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.  At least five different men shepherding the AVENGERS franchise at the moment. 

Where exactly is this anti-male, political feminism supposed to be coming from?

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 1:09pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Hillary Clinton.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 1:37pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

The details for the Feminist Takeover of America were all there on her private server before she smashed and "bleach-bitted" it to conceal what she and George Soros were up to... Something to do with them being space alien vampire bat creatures who ran child-enslavement pizzerias, if I'm up on my latest batshit-crazy, right-wing agitprop. 

"But What About Her Females??"

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 1:39pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Where exactly is this anti-male, political feminism supposed to be coming from?

——

My understanding is the answer to this question is “cucks”. 

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 1:53pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I was talking to some work colleagues today - they are a husband and wife team.
They went to a meeting together.
The person they met greeted the man & then looked @ the woman & asked if she was his secretary.

And that, dear anti feminists, is why you are so full of crap with your whining & complaining.

Men will NEVER know what it feels like to be treated like that. We will NEVER know what it feels like to wonder whether we will be instantly demeaned & under appreciated, to know that they will have to justify their position & why they should be allowed in the room before the meeting starts.

Not because the person wants to know if they are capable, but because you are a woman.

So just shut up. For the love of God, please, just shut up.

<< Prev Page of 42 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version