Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 43 Next >>
Topic: Avengers: Endgame ~ SPOILERS start Pg 7 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2019 at 4:00pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I admit I was a little disappointed that the CM pager scene wasnít in it. Nor would it work within it as the movie was presented.  

I thought it strange to leave it out with the initial meeting between the Avengers and CM now existing solely in the CM post-credit sequence, with her subsequently deciding to then go and rescue IM happening off screen.

Why did you think that scene would not have worked in the movie as presented though?
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2019 at 6:30pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Well, thinking about it more, I guess it couldíve fit in right before she showed up in space to save Tony and Nebula. 

Eric Smearman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2019 at 6:35pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Just saw it. A lot to absorb.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2019 at 7:05pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I saw it again at the IMAX, and enjoyed it more the second time. I still have the same issues with it, but I guess I could relax more since I knew what was coming. I am a big proponent against spoilers, as I like to be surprised when I first watch a film, but it can be rewarding to watch a movie again without all the expectations involved.

That, and I didn't have a drunk next to me this time. I didn't realize one of the local theaters started selling beer to moviegoers! Ugh. As if watching with the general public wasn't already bad enough.

Today, I had one friend on the side of me, and an empty seat on the other. All seats are reserved at the local theaters anymore, and the seat was taken according to the online chart, but somebody missed the showing. Made it more comfortable for me, though.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Rhodes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2019 at 7:16pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Regarding Ned...the school scene seemed to specifically involve welcoming students back who have returned from the Snap (which would have included Peter).

Edited by Brian Rhodes on 26 April 2019 at 7:19pm

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2019 at 7:25pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I will watch for that tomorrow night. 

Am I incorrect in thinking Cap wasnít present in the funeral scene when it was going from group to group? I didnít notice him at the time and still donít remember seeing him there. 

Kevin Sharp
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2019 at 8:26pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Am I incorrect in thinking Cap wasnít present in the funeral scene when it was going from group to group? I didnít notice him at the time and still donít remember seeing him there. 

You mean Tony's funeral? Cap is up near the front of the line in a black suit & tie.

Rich Marzullo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2019 at 9:58pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

HOLY FREAKING BALLS.

I'm on overload. This movie was EPIC. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2019 at 11:40pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

What happened to Mjlonir? Cap had it with him when he went to return the stones to their proper places, but Steve didn't have it with him when he was shown sitting on the bench.

I've no nterest in Falcon as Captain America. Was not a fan of the idea when they did it in the comics (and didn't care much for the costume), either.

My least favorite part of the movie was the Hulk. 

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 April 2019 at 12:45am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I imagine he left it on Asgard when he returned the stone there. So Thor would have it for the rest of Thor the Dark world

Trevor Krysak
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 April 2019 at 6:21am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Laren seems to have hit a lot of the elements that I had in mind after watching it.

This was definitely an epic film but the closing moments didn't really feel like they fit the end of the era it's been set up as. I think part of it was I didn't expect the five years later aspect to remain. That seems like a very weird aspect to keep. Especially when it relates to Peter Parker and his circle of friends/acquaintances.

It really separates everything though. There's before Endgame and after Endgame. Marvel Studios has a lot of work ahead to get the new batch of characters up and running. Hopefully continuing series like Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel work in this new time frame.

With the time travel aspect fully formed it does make me wonder if Kang the Conqueror will be a possibility now. If so, that could be interesting.

How does all this hit the tv series still remaining? Daredevil and the Netflix shows are gone. Which saves them from having to explain how their worlds fit into the Endgame timeline. But Agents of Shield is back in May. It has a full season coming soon plus a final season after that. You have other shows that can/will be affected by this. That's something to consider. The upcoming shows seem to all be taking the Endgame world into consideration so we'll get more info as everything rolls out.

After Spider-Man in July it's going to be quite the pause for Marvel films. Does this help or hurt the brand? I think the newer properties they have set up are huge gambles. The Eternals and Shang-Chi are not exactly out of the box winners. GoTG 3, Doctor Strange/Captain Matvel/Black Panther 2 are safer bets. Maybe another Spider-Man film. Beyond that it's a different world. I'm not entirely sure I'm totally on board but I'll try to keep an open mind.

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 April 2019 at 7:45am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I'm more concerned about how the post-Fox studio properties (FF & X-Men) will fit into this timeline.

Plus, will they carry the Fox-produced stench that could bring the MCU brand down a peg or 2?

Those movies made money (not MCU type), but story/production, those movies stunk.

<< Prev Page of 43 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version