Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Dr. Who
Byrne Robotics > Dr. Who
Topic: Doctor Me, I presume? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 December 2018 at 1:29pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I remember watching The Five Doctors as a kid, and thinking it was amazing (although I realised my memory was being kinder than I thought when I rewatched it recently!). I can't remember what I thought about The Two Doctors, and while The Three Doctors was before my time, I enjoyed it when I saw it - and I'm a bit jealous of those who saw it when first broadcast.

NuWho has also done multi-Doctor stories, particularly as part of the 50th Anniversary celebrations.

So. What Doctors would you like to see meet? It can be from Classic Who, NuWho, or a crossover. I'd like to have seen Patrick Troughton and Matt Smith, and what fun it could be to have Jamie McCrimmon and Amy Pond in the Tardis together!

Jon Pertwee's debonair Doctor and Christopher Ecclestone's leather jacket wearing blunt-speaker could make for an interesting contrast.

Over to you!

Back to Top profile | search

Byron Graham
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 December 2018 at 5:14pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Colin Baker, with his Doctor's sense of self-importance, and Jodie Whittaker, with her "yay, team!" take.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 December 2018 at 4:12am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I'll put in a vote for a Paul McGann crossover, just to see more of his character. I'll go ahead and pair him with the David Tennant version. McGann's was, in some ways, the most "human" of the Doctors, even putting forth the idea that he was half-human himself on his mother's side, a development I don't recall being followed up anywhere else. Tennant's also falls that way as well, to the extent that he allowed himself to fall in love (or some sort of equivalent state) with Rose. Early on, the two would find much in common, but as McGann leaps ahead in Tennant's timeline, he would find Tennant losing his grip on his "humanity," as he becomes more and more involved with the idea that he is a Lord of Time and therefore has dominion over matters he'd never tampered with before. I would imagine the growing loss of perspective would strike them both as disturbing once McGann showed up once more to cast it in sharp relief for the benefit of Tennant.

Not that Tennant would have had much time left to contemplate the potential consequences...

Edited by Brian Hague on 06 December 2018 at 4:15am

Eric Morin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 December 2018 at 9:24am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Tom Baker an Jon Pertwee. My two favorites.

Jack Bohn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 December 2018 at 9:58am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

My favorites are Tom Baker and Matt Smith, and they have met... sorta.

The first thing that comes to mind for their sharing an adventure together would be the 11th Doctor launching into a whiplash, wordy, winding, something-else-that-begins-with-a-"w" monologue, and the 4th interjecting a sotto voce, "Steady on."

[Edited to change "rapid" to "whiplash" to make that clause sentence look like I knew where it was going when I started it.]

Edited by Jack Bohn on 06 December 2018 at 10:34am

Andrew Saxon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 December 2018 at 5:58pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I hate the idea of 21st century Who contaminating the classic era so I'll confine myself to classic and say the 2nd Doctor meeting the 4th. It sort of happened in an audio story* featuring David Troughton stepping into his father's role and acting opposite Tom Baker, though there was a nice twist to that particular encounter. Fun as that was, though, it would have been nice to see an onscreen pairing of Patrick Troughton and Tom Baker.

*Part 5 of Doctor Who: Serpent Crest for anyone interested.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 December 2018 at 11:21pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Fourth Doctor with Romana II meets Tenth with Donna, to take on the Autons. (Actually, any of Ten's companions would be fine, as long as its not Rose.) 

Third Doctor meets Sixth. Three would probably end up wanting to strangle Six...

Eighth Doctor meets Twelve with Bill and Nardole. The villain: the Anthony Ainley incarnation of the Master.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version