Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Dr. Who
Byrne Robotics > Dr. Who << Prev Page of 2
Topic: The Tsuranga Conundrum (S11, E5) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 November 2018 at 2:10am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Rebecca: Sometimes it's the combination of Doctor and companion that is off. I felt that Peri worked well with Peter Davison's Doctor but not at all well with Colin Baker's. I hated the way the 6th Doctor seemed to bully her, but then I found the majority of that era rather unpleasant

Bill: I agree about Ace. I'm afraid I don't find her any less irritating in the Big Finish audios.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 November 2018 at 2:16am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Yes Andrew, that era was unpleasant.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 November 2018 at 12:48pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Oh, that was Bonnie Langford in Just William?I saw it once and it was very strange, never connected the two somehow but can see how that would make sense now about all the comments and jokes of her 'scweaming'. I only saw Mel in a couple Sylvester McCoy eps, I've skipped most of the Colin Bakers deliberately after watching the first two or three at the time. Sylvester got me to give Who a try again but it didn't start out very well and so I dropped it again only seeing most of the last season, 26 and I saw the one with Daleks.

Ace was two-dimensional at times but I did like that she would actually bash a Dalek with cricket or baseball bat, and the last three, which was all I originally saw, made her personal history the focus, but then it ended and nothing was really made out of it ultimately, unless in some paper or audio spin-off I haven't read or heard. I would've liked one more season with Syl and Ace just to give them  chance to explain some things and give Ace (Dorothy wasn't it, as in Oz, ugh) a conclusion to her story. I'd have liked more Paul McGann as well.
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version