Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Dr. Who
Byrne Robotics > Dr. Who
Topic: The Key To Time Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2018 at 1:44pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Finally finished the Key to Time. I thoroughly enjoy this series, and it starts off strong with The Ribos Operation, The Pirate Planet & Stones of Blood.  The Androids of Tara is enjoyable and has a good whiny villian by the end.  I almost skipped The Power of Kroll(I usually do, but I was doing stuff around the house so I left it on as background noise).  The only thing that stands out in the final chapter of The Armageddon Factor is that they had to add a chapter to make it a 6 parter, it would have worked perfectly fine without the Drax factor added.  I'm guessing they thought they had enough material for 6 parts but realized way too late that it wasn't enough...
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 September 2018 at 9:45pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

This season was a mixed bag for me.

Stones of Blood is decent enough, but gets a little silly at times (the only real flaw in Tom Baker's tenure); Androids of Tara is great fun; my memories of the Ribos Operation are vague for some reason and probably need to watch again; the Pirate Planet was too overtly silly for me, though I did enjoy this kind of writing when ported over to HGTTG; Power of Kroll and the Armageddon Factor I find to be a waste of time and a disappointing end to the season.

Liked Mary Tamm, thought the over-arching idea for the season was good enough, but as I said before, a mixed bag in terms of stories. 
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version