|Posted: 28 August 2018 at 2:04am | IP Logged | 1
If you're returning to these threads, awesome! If you're new, you can find the first thread of the season here. I'm sure you'll pick up on things pretty quick, but let's do a quick rundown (any other vets feel free to chime in if I - heaven forfend - forget something):
- Every week I will post that week's slate of games. Sometimes I make mistakes; feel free to alert me to them.
- Then you go through the games and try to predict the winners.
- Then we wait for the games and brag (or lament) how it went.
- Then there are the wheels within wheels. For example, Matt Reed and I have been comparing our picks weekly since at least 2008 (I have lost the previous seasons) and keep a tally for the whole season. Matt won last year and leads overall 6 seasons to 4. Last season I lost by twenty games. I'm going to try to at least be competitive this year!
- I also go through everyone's games and see if anyone was the only person to pick a game correctly. If you do, you get either an I CALLED IT! award, or the more prestigious I TOLD YOU SO, which is awarded at my discretion and there's no real difference. If there is a game that no one got right, then that team gets a Charlie Brown award. It should probably be a Lucy Van Pelt award but it's a Frankenstein/Frankenstein's monster situation.
- If anyone ever gets every game for that week right (which has never happened), we're going to have to come up with something special for that.
- Anyone, feel free to jump in! All are welcome. Maybe you can find a fake "opponent" to take on head-to-head.