Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 31 July 2018 at 9:31am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

LINK
Back to Top profile | search

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 July 2018 at 10:41am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Awful.

I hope as time progresses, more can be done about Parkinson's.

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 July 2018 at 3:40pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Sad to hear for sure. One of my big regrets is not getting to NYC to see him in the revival of "Glengarry Glen Ross" some years back. Always a great actor to watch.

Tim O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 01 August 2018 at 8:50am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

It is indeed sad to hear, but I respect that he is going public to tell people he is still leading as full life.  

I’m such a fan of MASH that I appreciate anytime he comes up in the media, so I hope he is personally well.  His work has meant so much to me - MASH is ever-present on TV these days, running in syndication on multiple networks.  And even though I have the DVDs, I still stop surfing when certain episodes come on.  

I confess that I look to the wisdom of Hawkeye Pierce when times get tough.  If I have any words of comfort for Alan Alda while he is going through this, I can only quote the character he is most famous for when I say:

“Frank Burns eats worms”

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 01 August 2018 at 9:54am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Such a nice guy.  I've told the story here before, but not for a long time.  I had the great opportunity to meet Alan Alda at the strangest of places; an airport in Japan circa 1987.  I was with a touring theatre group from college on our way for six weeks in China (the history of that country during that time is a story unto itself!).  One of our troupe wandered off while we were waiting for a connecting flight and saw Mr. Alda waiting for his flight.  After talking to him for a bit, Mr. Alda wanted to meet the rest of the troupe and wish us well.  He didn't have to do that.  He didn't have to take time out of his personal journey to say hello to a group of aspiring actors and give them some words of advice and encouragement.  But he did.  He and his wife couldn't have been more kind and generous with their time.  It's a memory I'll always treasure.

Mr. Alda seems like he's in good spirits, doing things he's always wanted to do and living his life as fully as he can.  My hope is that he can continue to do just that for a very long time.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version